Sochi bids for 2017 World Figure Skating champs - official | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sochi bids for 2017 World Figure Skating champs - official

AliceInWonderland

On the Ice
NO!!!
Don't let Russian Federation to play its politicking game again a year before the next Olympics.
They also had the pre-Olympic Worlds in 2005.
This unsportif, unsupportive atmosphere cannot happen again.
Rosss-sssi--jjjaaaa!

IDK... I thought they did a good job with 2005 and 2011 (even with the short notice). Sochi was another story of course, but I think that Russia is capable of hosting a decent Worlds.

taka

Rinkside
I think NISA is also bidding for Glasgow to host 2017 worlds. Personally I'd love it to be in Scotland. :clap: NISA did well with the 2012 EUropean championships so I think they could pull it off.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think NISA is also bidding for Glasgow to host 2017 worlds. Personally I'd love it to be in Scotland. :clap: NISA did well with the 2012 EUropean championships so I think they could pull it off.
Glasgow would be wonderful! :love: Personally I think booking a ticket to Scotland is easier than to Sochi. :rolleye: Not to mention I can't speak Russian. So please, Glasgow all the way!

Alba

Record Breaker
But according to your theory 2009 should have been Italy. & given that Sochi is only bidding, with strong competition from Helsinki & maybe other countries yet to announce, your "tradition" is in fact a one off.

Italy was in 2010 so more or less the same.

Alba

Record Breaker
Glasgow would be wonderful! :love: Personally I think booking a ticket to Scotland is easier than to Sochi. :rolleye: Not to mention I can't speak Russian. So please, Glasgow all the way!

You don't have to speak the language in order to visit a country do you?:)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Haven't they learned that things go weird when you hold a championship in Sochi!
Also, why do they want to go back to a place where the crowds treated many of the non-Russian skaters poorly?
But knowing Cinquanta and his ISU 'comrades,' they probably will :/

Alba

Record Breaker
Haven't they learned that things go weird when you hold a championship in Russia!
Also, why do they want to go back to a place where the crowds treated many of the non-Russian skaters poorly?
But knowing Cinquanta and his ISU 'comrades,' they probably will :/

Didn't remember that in Moscow 2005 or 2011, for example.

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Johnny was always well received in Russia... :)

Bring back Tonya! I'm starting a petition...maybe Nancy and Oksana can be judges too!

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
No...but celebrity judges could be awfully fun and it's not like they could be any worse than the regular judges. :laugh:

amc987

On the Ice
Who says Adelina won't win a world title? Can you imagine more tomfoolery like the Olympics except 3 years later? Lawd.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Who says Adelina won't win a world title? Can you imagine more tomfoolery like the Olympics except 3 years later? Lawd.
Other young Russians girls are entering senior, you know. :biggrin: It might not be Adelina again.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Can't we just hold Worlds in Japan every year...

:clap: :bow: That's one of the best ideas ever. They do inflate their skaters like every nationals but at least they are knowledgeable appreciative audiences and it seems the skaters even do better thanks to this support.

YLFan

Match Penalty
Last season. Worlds, Grand Prix Final, NHK, in Japan Japanese win all 6 men and womens gold medals.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes, so what? Their skaters are strong and very deserving. The audience were nice and very warm towards all the skaters, unlike what happened in Sochi.

Just tell me a name of a skater that are not Japanese but skated better than the gold medalists in world? Definitely not Yulia or Javi, even though they are my favorite.

GPF was a little bit shady, though. But then again, Yulia is not on the same level with Mao yet. And you have to admit it, men field in Japan is so crazy at the moment. They have been very consistent these recent years.

As for NHK, omg it's NHK so of course it has to be in Japan for God's sake, it's also happens at Cup of China, Skate Canada and Cup of Russia. Just look at the list of winners.:laugh:

Anyways, next year Mao and Caro will retire, we might have the chance to see 3 Russian girls on the podium. You know, home-cook happens in most countries, but that doesn't dismiss the wins of anyone if they skated best that day. Not to mention, you have to be a serious medal contender to be rewarded. :)

On the other hand, Olympic event in Sochi left me unimpressed.