The USA Ladies | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The USA Ladies

(If you want to see the pictures of Sarah Hughes that TV Dragon posted above, you might have to copy and paste the URL into the address bar.)

On topic (the prospects for the American ladies next year), I think think that Jenny Kirk has the inside track after Michelle and Sasha. She did not skate well at Worlds, but she had several stellar performances during the year (Skate America and Skate Canada for instance), and was clear third without much competition at U.S. Nationals despite being so sick that she had to rush off the ice to throw up after her performance was over.

We'll have to see whether Bebe and Ye Bin can shake off their injuries and make a statement. The question mark is Ann Patrice. She was super two years ago, right up until she missed her assignment at Cup of Russia. I don't know why she stalled out last year.

Mathman

mpal2

Final Flight
I also wondered what happened to AP. Maybe some behind the scenes drama with mama and the coaching change???

She seemed like she was starting to love skating and did great with Madam Butterfly and she's back to unhappy this season. Though I did hear she had a foot injury at Nationals. That would explain why she just seemed to give up and sit down on her jumps. I hope she can rekindle the 2002-2003 season high. I'm not giving up on her yet. :)

hlagirl25

Rinkside
PrincessLeppard said:
I just have to point out here, since no one else did, that even if dear ol' Dickie claims the forward scratch spin is the most difficult spin in the world....he's wrong. It's one of the first spins you learn. Is it difficult to do well? Yeah. Is it the most difficult spin ever? Um, no. I think it's a level one under CoP.

Laura :)

Finally!

ITA Laura, ITA

That spin is definitely level one. I love ol' Dickie to death but I :rolleye: eveytime he say's that.