Weir and Lipinski will be part of the Kentucky Derby and Oaks coverage | Golden Skate

Weir and Lipinski will be part of the Kentucky Derby and Oaks coverage

flutzy13

On the Ice
It seems like NBC is really branding them in the hopes that their coverage for Pyenogchang will be a major piece of the network's 2018 Olympic coverage. Good for them and I think they're good for skating.

noskates

Record Breaker
Oh please. the Derby has always been about fashion and food and drink. The horse race is secondary to the event. I think this is going to be a hoot. And I have to admire Johnny and Tara's publicists....they're sure getting some exposure.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Well at least Johnny knows something about horses, having competed when he was younger. He's sure to give us some interesting tidbits (I hope).

Panpie

On the Ice
Well at least Johnny knows something about horses, having competed when he was younger. He's sure to give us some interesting tidbits (I hope).

I was not aware that Johnny had done that. That's pretty cool.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Johnny may know a lot about horses, but I'm not sure how much he knows about thoroughbred horse racing. There's a world of difference between equestrian (which Johnny did) and "The Sport of Kings".

Just pick up a copy of The Racing Form and you will see an array of data that makes a skating protocol look like ABCs in comparison.

Memelah711

Rinkside

Tara had a horse when she was a kid too. I can't wait to see the Derby coverage this year!

pointyourtoe

On the Ice
I really wonder how far they'll take this. They have a good shot at being the next Dick and Peggy, but more than that, they seem to be branching off into entertainment/Hollywood in general. I just can't see 2 figure skaters being regular fashion correspondents, but then again look at Kelly Osbourne and her unlikely entry into the fashion commentating world lol

amethyst1

Spectator
pointyourtoe, I agree; they could go far. They seem to truly enjoy working with each other and I think a lot of people positively respond to that kind of on-camera chemistry.

Johar

Medalist
There was a former Russian skater who used to compete, and now trains Thoroughbreds. She just had a big horse run the other week. Her name escapes me.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Johnny and Tara are turning into the king and queen of camp. :rock:

Hey, now, careful Math! What do you mean, implying the oldest continuously-held annual sporting event in the country is "camp?"

(I love to trot this factoid out and have probably done so before here at GS -- Also --

What is the second-oldest sporting event in the US, held annually and continuously? The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, of course! )