Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Weir and Lipinski will be part of the Kentucky Derby and Oaks coverage

On the Ice
    NOOOOOO!

I understand why other people like them, but I've never been a fan.

Rinkside
    pointyourtoe, I agree; they could go far. They seem to truly enjoy working with each other and I think a lot of people positively respond to that kind of on-camera chemistry.

There was a former Russian skater who used to compete, and now trains Thoroughbreds. She just had a big horse run the other week. Her name escapes me.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Johnny and Tara are turning into the king and queen of camp.
    Hey, now, careful Math! What do you mean, implying the oldest continuously-held annual sporting event in the country is "camp?"

(I love to trot this factoid out and have probably done so before here at GS -- Also --

What is the second-oldest sporting event in the US, held annually and continuously? The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, of course! )

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by rallycairn View Post
    What is the second-oldest sporting event in the US, held annually and continuously? The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, of course! )
    No kidding? That's cool!

Custom Title
    The Kentucky should be all about the horses and not some past skating stars who know nothing about racing. Fortunately I will be there and won't have to watch this crap on TV.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Hey, now, careful Math! What do you mean, implying the oldest continuously-held annual sporting event in the country is "camp?"

(I love to trot this factoid out and have probably done so before here at GS -- Also --

I feel like I need to know the 3rd oldest now? Boston Marathon?

Custom Title
    Johnny & Tara starring in a remake of "Best in Show", or acting it out for realz. Can we make that happen, too?!? I would watch the **** out of it.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle's Spiral View Post
    NOOOOOO!

I understand why other people like them, but I've never been a fan.
    I didn't like their Olympic commentary one bit. If they weren't gushing over one skater, they were rambling, and poor Terri had to keep interjecting to get them to focus.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8's View Post
    The Kentucky should be all about the horses and not some past skating stars who know nothing about racing. Fortunately I will be there and won't have to watch this crap on TV.
    Well, the fashion and red carpet will be there with or without Tara and Johnny anyway. I'm glad Tara and Johnny are getting these opportunities--and remind people of the existence of oour sport after the Olympics are over.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Well, the fashion and red carpet will be there with or without Tara and Johnny anyway. I'm glad Tara and Johnny are getting these opportunities--and remind people of the existence of oour sport after the Olympics are over.
    In that instance it might backfire

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    ^lol

I actually like them. Not as much as Eurosport guys but I get what you're selling here.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anyanka View Post
    Johnny & Tara starring in a remake of "Best in Show", or acting it out for realz. Can we make that happen, too?!? I would watch the **** out of it.
    Totally -- right there with you!

Paraphrasing one of your earlier posts: visions of over-dressed poodles (on skates) are now dancing in my head...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I feel like I need to know the 3rd oldest now? Boston Marathon?
    Apparently the annual Jousting Tournament at Natural Chimneys, Virginia, claims to have been held continuously each August since 1821, making it even older than the Kentucky Derby.

I want to hear Johnny and Tara's commentary on these outfits:

http://www.medievalarchives.com/wp-c...ng_460x230.jpg

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    I've heard that about the tournament, too, Mathman, but I don't think of it as exactly a national event.

Would LOVE to add it to the Johnny-Tara circuit, tho!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast