Flip and Lutz jumps | Golden Skate

Flip and Lutz jumps

FS.Addict

Rinkside
Well, i'm a little bit confused...

Is there a weight transfer to do in these jumps ?

I'd say yes (from the left to the right leg) ?

And when the toe pic hits the ice should the weight be already transfered (or almost) on the right leg or is it after ?

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Your weight should begin to transfer as soon as you hit the ice with your toepick. In fact if not enough weight is on that foot, you might use less toe pick and turn it into an edge jump, which you don't want. Once you hit you should only be thinking about that foot and so all your weight should be transferring there to allow you to lift off in the backspin position.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Technically, the weight transfer jumps are Axel, Sal and toe (because take off side and landing side are opposite) while loop, flip, and Lutz are non-transfer because take off and landing side are the same. But while you are still on the ground/in the process of taking off, you need to transfer your weight.

FS.Addict

Rinkside
Technically, the weight transfer jumps are Axel, Sal and toe (because take off side and landing side are opposite) while loop, flip, and Lutz are non-transfer because take off and landing side are the same. But while you are still on the ground/in the process of taking off, you need to transfer your weight.

Alright so in axel/toe/sal your weight transfers during the take off, but in loop/flip/lutz it transfers just before the take off. I read in another thread that somebody said there was no weight transfer in loop/flip/lutz and it was confusing, but now i understand better :)
Thank you.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Well, depending how you get into the loop, there may not be any weight transfer -- you may already be over the landing side well before you take off.