Favorite Jumps? | Golden Skate

Favorite Jumps?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
To do, I like lutz jumps. My least favourite is the loop. It seems to give skaters a lot of trouble, including myself.

Obviously watching a 3A like Ito/Yan/Hanyu and a 4T like Hanyu/Chan/Plushenko is quite thrilling to see.

leoncorazon

Skating on through
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Michelle Kwan's second triple lutz in a long program...always very exciting.

HanDomi

Record Breaker
A little list of my favourite jumps to watch:

4T and 3A from Hanyu.... just so easy, that always makes me think that looks so easy that even I can go and do it :laugh:

Joubert 3lutz in his prime days. Just huge, huge, huge. I wonder why he never tried quad lutz in competition, he was finishing rotation long way in the air.

Fernandez 4S

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
To watch or do?

To watch: for some reason I just really like the Lutz. I never really had an appreciation for how marvellous the loop could be until I saw Josh do one that was so perfect it was like butter.

To do: Flip, or toe loop.

The Salchow is the Devil's Jump.

joannix

Rinkside
To watch the salchow and the axel!!!! though I had no idea how to do it :p and always it´s a pleasure to watch Yuna´s lutzs and flips :eek:

jkun

Final Flight
My favorite is a well-done 3-Lutz is beautiful. A ladies' lutz is preferable. Men, because they tend to be taller and because they are used to rotating much faster (for quads), a 3Lz just becomes kind of awkward-looking. I specifically enjoy lutzes that have a lot of vault to them (i.e. Carolina & Yuna). I also do not like large amount of transitions in front of a lutz. Yuna's 2nd 3Lz in her worlds 2013 Les Mis comes to mind when I think of beauty. She does a very simple transition that extends her body by raising her right leg -- she seemingly gains speed from it also. The transition out is also lovely. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6d3XEp6mg0#t=141

Another favorite is 3A. Hanyu and Han yan come to mind here. Bold and brilliant jump.

arcticwolf

Rinkside
Ohhh I like this thread thanks chalk5 :D

With that said, my favorite jumps would be any quad specially Yuzu's 4T and Javi's 4S. I don't know how they do it so effortlessly...
I love lutzes too especially Yuna's because she does them perfectly and consistently :D Loops look pretty too as long as it's kept in a straight line.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
To do? Double loop and axel.

To see done? 3L-3T combo textbook executed. Or just 3Lz, I agree with jkun (totally agree with this).
2A's from interesting entries such as IB's or spread eagles.
3A for men with textbook positions.

Franklin99

Medalist
3A hands down. Though I do have a soft spot for loops as well.

When it comes to my favorite jumps, it depend on who's executing them:

Ladies

The two jumps you mentioned are my favorites from Mao. While Ito and Harding were more powerful with their 3A's, Mao was/is the only female that can execute this jump with elegance, (something the other 2 ladies lack). And she executes beautiful loops.

As for 3-Flips and Lutzes, Yuna has those down to a science. Especially her Flip entrance and exits are to die for. :love:

Caro does all her jumps quite lovely with beautiful edges.

Miki bless her heart execute her jumps in a very ugly fashion. She can rotate them, but it never looks pretty.

I really, really, really wish Kanako gets rid of her mule kick if she continues competing. Aside from that flaw, I love her overall techniques.

I hate salchow jumps from anyone/everyone. It's just an ugly jumps to me.

After how beautiful Gracie executed her jumps at Sochi (minus the fall on her flip), I hope she brings her best this upcoming season. Because this girl can do beautiful jumps when she does her best.

Caro executes beautiful 2a, along with Yuna. But poor Mao with her 2axel at times. She generally execute them very well, but on a few occasions, due to her ability to execute 3axels, she seems to have to enter her 2a's with a slow pace as not to over-rotate them. that was evident during the 2011-12 GP season when she completely took out her 3a and replaced them with a 2a. She almost did a 3a when she was going for a 2a during her NHK SP. But I love hers the most after Caro's.

Men:

Yuzuru and Hans 3a's are to die for.

Chan has beautiful jumps minus his 3a's.

Oda has the best knee bend when it comes to landing his jumps.

I'll add some more later.