Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Favorite Jumps?

Rinkside
    I think Chan's 4T3T in the Oly Lp is reeeeeeally beautiful.

Custom Title
    Quad combinations! Bonus points if there's a loop somewhere in the combo. Plush's 4-3-2 and 4-3-3 are amazing. Lambiel also did a perfect textbook 4-3-2 at the Olympics. Chan's quad-triple is a thing of beauty.

In terms of solo jumps: lutz, loop, and axel.

Quote Originally Posted by jkun View Post
    My favorite is a well-done 3-Lutz is beautiful. A ladies' lutz is preferable. Men, because they tend to be taller and because they are used to rotating much faster (for quads), a 3Lz just becomes kind of awkward-looking. I specifically enjoy lutzes that have a lot of vault to them (i.e. Carolina & Yuna). I also do not like large amount of transitions in front of a lutz. Yuna's 2nd 3Lz in her worlds 2013 Les Mis comes to mind when I think of beauty. She does a very simple transition that extends her body by raising her right leg -- she seemingly gains speed from it also. The transition out is also lovely. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6d3XEp6mg0#t=141

Another favorite is 3A. Hanyu and Han yan come to mind here. Bold and brilliant jump.
    When I read the title of this thread, I immediately thought of Yuna's 2nd Lutz at the 2013 worlds. absolutely love it! there's such a snap to it! so crisp but effortless throughout! I also love her 2 axel here. so effortless

i also love Mao's 3Axels. she does them so elegantly! and Carolina's loops are beautiful.

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    To do: flip, and my yuck jump is a salchow.

To watch, I don't really have a favorite. It varies by skater.
    Triple Axel: Hanyu
    Lutz: Yuna
    Flip: Carolina
    Loop: Ashley
    Salchow: Sasha did that fairly well
    Double axel: I just don't want any skater to break their own heart by blowing that one

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    About Han Yan, his 3A looks great, but a poster who had watched him live more than once said that Han Yan's jumps do not have much height as PChan and Hanyu. That poster said his jumps look totally different from the video. He jumps across but the height does not look that great. I don't know for sure. I hope I can watch them live to clarify that statement.
    The height Han gets on his 3A may not be as magnificent as the distance it covers, but still quite appreciable.

Here is a kinegram of one of his 3A

I am sure watching it live will definitely help clarify any confusions.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliding on ice View Post
    The height Han gets on his 3A may not be as magnificent as the distance it covers, but still quite appreciable.

On a second thought, I think the poster I mentioned just watched Han Yan when he was on his off days. She/he said she watched him more than once. But then, Han Yan is still young so maybe his jumps are not that consistent and she/he happened to watch him when he was inconsistent.

Custom Title
    the lutz, esp how yuna does it and ilia kuliks 3axel

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliding on ice View Post

Holy crap! The distance is at least 3 times his height!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4