Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Jumps?

Tripping on the Podium
    Ohhh I like this thread thanks chalk5 :D

With that said, my favorite jumps would be any quad specially Yuzu's 4T and Javi's 4S. I don't know how they do it so effortlessly...
    I love lutzes too especially Yuna's because she does them perfectly and consistently :D Loops look pretty too as long as it's kept in a straight line.

To do? Double loop and axel.

To see done? 3L-3T combo textbook executed. Or just 3Lz, I agree with jkun (totally agree with this).
    2A's from interesting entries such as IB's or spread eagles.
    3A for men with textbook positions.

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    I love all the effortless jumps of this man : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52JmYr8tmOE
    Ilia Kulik landed jumps like butter. No one has ever surpassed his effortless landings.

Still, I don't question his technique, but I question his fashion.

Custom Title
    Somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly
    Axel or Toe Loop

Quote Originally Posted by ShootAnonymous View Post
    3A hands down. Though I do have a soft spot for loops as well.
    When it comes to my favorite jumps, it depend on who's executing them:

Ladies

The two jumps you mentioned are my favorites from Mao. While Ito and Harding were more powerful with their 3A's, Mao was/is the only female that can execute this jump with elegance, (something the other 2 ladies lack). And she executes beautiful loops.

As for 3-Flips and Lutzes, Yuna has those down to a science. Especially her Flip entrance and exits are to die for.

Caro does all her jumps quite lovely with beautiful edges.

Miki bless her heart execute her jumps in a very ugly fashion. She can rotate them, but it never looks pretty.

I really, really, really wish Kanako gets rid of her mule kick if she continues competing. Aside from that flaw, I love her overall techniques.

I hate salchow jumps from anyone/everyone. It's just an ugly jumps to me.

After how beautiful Gracie executed her jumps at Sochi (minus the fall on her flip), I hope she brings her best this upcoming season. Because this girl can do beautiful jumps when she does her best.

Caro executes beautiful 2a, along with Yuna. But poor Mao with her 2axel at times. She generally execute them very well, but on a few occasions, due to her ability to execute 3axels, she seems to have to enter her 2a's with a slow pace as not to over-rotate them. that was evident during the 2011-12 GP season when she completely took out her 3a and replaced them with a 2a. She almost did a 3a when she was going for a 2a during her NHK SP. But I love hers the most after Caro's.

Men:

Yuzuru and Hans 3a's are to die for.

Chan has beautiful jumps minus his 3a's.

Oda has the best knee bend when it comes to landing his jumps.

I'll add some more later.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Anything Yuna. That is all

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Lutz for the counterrotation effect, axel for the forward takeoff, triple loop-triple loop combinations for the cool effect of the takeoff for the second jump coming right off the first with no touchdown of the free leg (well of course, that's what makes it a loop, but you know what I mean).

Custom Title

Medalist
    Lutz is the most beautiful thing ever

Sometimes bad skating happens to good people... LiamForeman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    To do, I like lutz jumps. My least favourite is the loop. It seems to give skaters a lot of trouble, including myself.

Obviously watching a 3A like Ito/Yan/Hanyu and a 4T like Hanyu/Chan/Plushenko is quite thrilling to see.
    I'm the same. To do, I love the lutz BOE edge and the snap you need to get that counter-rotation into a real rotation. I understand why so many people flutz because it feels so unnatural. My least favorite is the loop. I cannot do one in isolation for the life of me, only as a hail Mary at the back end of a combination.

To watch, I prefer the edge jumps. I love a beautiful salchow or loop. Midori Ito's loop is a thing to behold. I guess I'll also say I love a gorgeous lutz. Urmanov in his Lillehamer free program had a glorious one, from start to finish. The finest lutz I've seen.

generally interested fan Esopian's Avatar
    Never thought about this before, but definitely the triple axle!

Love a beautiful Lutz - especially 'tano & Rippon! Also a high 3A is gorgeous

Hate ugly loops

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Franklin99 View Post
    When it comes to my favorite jumps, it depend on who's executing them:

Oda has the best knee bend when it comes to landing his jumps.
    Exactly my thought. Also in my opinion, landing is the best part of the jumps. Great jumps with no flow-out or forward leaning hunched position in landing are not pretty after all.

For Men I love all of Oda's jumps just for his knee alone. Ladies, Mao's 3A is my favourite.

Here is the video of Japanese TV with Oda (not really about jumps but his face during jumps).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueHUXkQaTlQ

I get chills when Mao lands her triple axel...
    I also like the loop and of course the quads, because they are just amazing... And of course all throw jumps when nicely done, they are peaks in every program! Except for the throw triple axel, I kinda don´t like how it looks within a program... And it also kind of cursed Savchenko/Szolkowy, but that´s another story...
    Well, overall, every well executed jump with a nice flowy landing is beautiful to watch, even more when jumps have a nice timing with the music!

Custom Title
    3a of course *-* with the men, Hanyu and Yan, inevitably; with the women, Mao's is beautiful when she gets it, and although Midori's was never really elegant like Mao's, I still love watching them - the height! the power! the speed! (and she can still land a great 2a )
    Mao's loop is also a favorite, along with Yuna's lutz; Hanyu or Chan's 4t; I only really like the 4s when Fernandez does it for some reason (maybe seeing Hanyu fall on the 4s too many times)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast