TripleToe

Rinkside
- 2014 World Champion Mao Asada
- 2014 Olympic Champion Adelina Sotnikova
- 2014 Olympic Champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White
- 2014 U.S. National Champion Gracie Gold
- 2014 U.S. National Champion Jeremy Abbott
- 2014 Russian National Champion Maxim Kovtun
- Maia and Alex Shibutani (U.S. - Ice Dancing)
- Narumi Takahashi and Ryuichi Kihara (Japan - Pairs)
- Kanako Murakami (Japan - Ladies)
- Takahiko Kozuka (Japan)
- Tomoko Miyahara (Japan)
- Muryou Takahito (Japan)
- Jeffrey Buttle (Canada)

Dates & cities:
July 19, 20, 21 - Nagano
July 23, 24 - Aichi
July 26, 27 - Osaka

Source: http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast/index.html

GF2445

Record Breaker
Wow, it starts in July!!! I wonder if Meryl and Charlie are going to get ANY Holiday Time after SOI + DWTS?

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
I wonder if they will have another additional casts?

otherwise, yay Jeff Butt gonna killed it! Always love to see him dancing with Mao!

merleice

Rinkside
Aww, no Mirai this year? Still a great cast and can't wait to see Jeff's collaboration with Mao :)

Also, a slight correction--Miyahara's given name is pronounced as Satoko, while Takahito's surname is pronounced Mura

sajoya

On the Ice
Yes! No Yuzuru! Don't get me wrong, it's just this kid's schedule has been hectic! HE NEEDS A BREAK!!! So glad he's not part of it! It's still a great cast though, nonetheless.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Just a random question:
Does anyone know if THE ICE shows have been organized and took place in a different country?

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yes! No Yuzuru! Don't get me wrong, it's just this kid's schedule has been hectic! HE NEEDS A BREAK!!! So glad he's not part of it! It's still a great cast though, nonetheless.

He needs to get ready for next season as well!

NMURA

Medalist

THE ICE is Mao's show. Anyone who could steal the show from her wouldn't be invited.

littlexflower

Rinkside
If I don't recall it wrong then Yuzu still has some ice shows in Japan in July.
A part of me really wants to see his name on The Ice's cast. Part of me feels relieved that he doesn't do it, which means he will return to Canada and start preparing for the next season.

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
If I don't recall it wrong then Yuzu still has some ice shows in Japan in July.
A part of me really wants to see his name on The Ice's cast. Part of me feels relieved that he doesn't do it, which means he will return to Canada and start preparing for the next season.

I also feel he will be in Canada during that time. A little bit unfortunate since I will be going to the show but at least I can see MaoxJeff and D/W! I wish they invite junior skater like Marin Honda as well....

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Not yet, just Japan. But how about Korea? Any chance in future?

Aw really? :eek:hwell: I wish they could do it somewhere though...like in Canada....preferrably Central Canada :laugh: And for Korea? idk man ... maybe with Yuna retired, she can help out with the planning ;)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well i think this should put to rest once and for all about Gracie's tweet about Mao and the sandwich and if Mao had any hard feelings. The fact that Gracie was invited says to me that she considers Gracie a friend otherwise she would never have invited her to her show.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Well i think this should put to rest once and for all about Gracie's tweet about Mao and the sandwich and if Mao had any hard feelings. The fact that Gracie was invited says to me that she considers Gracie a friend otherwise she would never have invited her to her show.

I wouldn't know whether Mao took offense to it but what Gracie did was wrong and with her huge following, it makes it seem okay to make fun of someone's English, despite it not being their first language.

I'm sure Gracie is quite popular with the Japanese crowd, she is a good skater! But that doesn't detract what she did and the fact that she was very unapologetic about it. See this link