Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lynn Kriengkrairut and Logan Giulietti-Schmitt announce retirement

Custom Title
    Their Adele program is one of my favorites. I will miss them. And while Igor may have more "clout" than their previous coaches, I thought the "spark" that set them apart was missing this past year. Here is a link to 2013 Nationals and their toe tapping performance!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ3q9ZqEtCg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by BusyMom View Post
    Lynn comes from a very overachievement family. Her father is one of the most successful Thai doctors in the US. My best friend happened to be their family friends. Too bad she doesn't get any recognitions from Thai media (shows how popular FS is in Thailand).

Good luck for both of them. Seems they both will have a bright future outside skating careers.
    Thanks for the interesting details about Lynn's family. I was looking at this couple's surnames and realizing that we really do achieve a global village sometimes. The name Giulietti-Schmitt has Italian and German elements, and Kriengkrairut is Thai, and somehow everyone met and the result was a successful skating team. Until a few generations ago, that wasn't even possible. We are moving forward, even if sometimes it seems as if it's only by inches at a time.

I'm sorry that the Thai media isn't reporting on her. One of my favorite pairs skaters, Amanda Evora, got lots of recognition from the American-Filipino press when she was competing, and I suspect she received some notice in the Philippines as well. A few years ago, when Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State, she invited Amanda to a luncheon honoring the current president of the Philippines. I'll bet that got written up in both countries.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Thanks for the interesting details about Lynn's family. I was looking at this couple's surnames and realizing that we really do achieve a global village sometimes. The name Giulietti-Schmitt has Italian and German elements, and Kriengkrairut is Thai, and somehow everyone met and the result was a successful skating team. Until a few generations ago, that wasn't even possible. We are moving forward, even if sometimes it seems as if it's only by inches at a time.

I'm sorry that the Thai media isn't reporting on her. One of my favorite pairs skaters, Amanda Evora, got lots of recognition from the American-Filipino press when she was competing, and I suspect she received some notice in the Philippines as well. A few years ago, when Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State, she invited Amanda to a luncheon honoring the current president of the Philippines. I'll bet that got written up in both countries.
    I have no idea that Evora is Filipino-American. I only saw them during the Vancouver, since I'm not really into Pair skates. I guess Filipino-Americans have more strong bond to the mother country than any Asian countries. I found it very admirable of the Filipino both the media and in general to honour every aspects of their people success.

I guess in the next few years American skaters will be more versatile than ever. Almost half of the kids in Novice and Juveniles are Asian descendants. I would love to see kids from Hispanic or African-American add to the mix more though. That will be very interesting to see more diversity in the high level skaters.

Banned
    Wishing both Lynn and Logan all the best as they move forward with their lives and pursue interests outside of competitive skating.
    Have always enjoyed their skating, sunny personalities and good sportsmanship

Thanks! Took some nice screen shots from that vid....I like the lift at 2:11 and Logan's split.
    I am not sure I have a favorite skate from them but I always wished they would have done the secondary love story from "South Pacific." Younger than Springtime, Happy talk, Some enchanted evening...would have been a great show piece....

Quote Originally Posted by semosk8tfan View Post
    Their Adele program is one of my favorites. I will miss them. And while Igor may have more "clout" than their previous coaches, I thought the "spark" that set them apart was missing this past year. Here is a link to 2013 Nationals and their toe tapping performance!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ3q9ZqEtCg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2