For the American Idol Fans | Golden Skate

For the American Idol Fans

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Any of you that have AOL, they're offering a free listen to William Hung's new CD, "Inspiration".
It hurts...
:D

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I wonder how sales are.......I can't believe people are buying his CD!! 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
His pre-sales were through the roof... read somewhere that they rivaled Clay's! :eek:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
His pre-sales were through the roof... read somewhere that they rivaled Clay's!

....Please tell me you're kidding! Well, I guess that shows that you can't underestimate the power of the "American Idol" concept......... :laugh: 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I wish I could be kidding... but it was a big scare

many Clay fans went and bought up more Clay albums just to keep him from getting buried by Willy Hung ;)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Look out Clay, he's Hung!

After listening to 30 minutes of a 45-minute CD last night, the notion of anyone buying this CD to actually listen to is just too funny - or is the word I'm looking for "sick"? Hmm...
I just couldn't take more than half an hour. I didn't just close that window, I shut the whole computer down. His rendition of "I Believe I Can Fly" - well, I'd say you have to hear it to believe it, but then you might go listen to it and decide that I'm evil for even making the suggestion.
Rave

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Well, Mr. "I have no formal training" performed at the North County Fair in Escondido a couple of weeks ago. My business partner took her kids and she reports that it was a MOB SCENE, some 10,000 people showed up and it was a total free-for-all. He was flown in from San Francisco just to sing 2 songs (which no one could really hear), and his Mommy walked on stage to introduce him. He was paid $3,000 for his efforts. :eek: :confused:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I am finding the entire William Hung phenomenon completely appalling on so many different levels, but I think the main one that sticks in my craw is the racial component -- I get the feeling it's like, OOOOO, let's go laugh at the little Asian guy with the funny little Asian accent who can't sing! If he was a little white guy who sang badly or a little African-American guy who sang badly, I truly do not believe there would be any of this. Maybe I'm over-reacting, but this is how it seems to me.

Pati

On the Ice
JonnyCoop said:
I am finding the entire William Hung phenomenon completely appalling on so many different levels, but I think the main one that sticks in my craw is the racial component -- I get the feeling it's like, OOOOO, let's go laugh at the little Asian guy with the funny little Asian accent who can't sing! If he was a little white guy who sang badly or a little African-American guy who sang badly, I truly do not believe there would be any of this. Maybe I'm over-reacting, but this is how it seems to me.

I agree with you except I don't think his race has anything to do with it. I have a problem with people laughing at him. It doesn't seem to bother him so...
As for talent or lack thereof...whoever told Neil Young, Stevie Nicks or Bob Dylan that they could sing? There is no doubt in my mind that they are mega-talents, but not with their voices.
JMO!

For those of us old enough to remember the Tiny Tim phenomenon, Willy Hung is no surprise. Believe me, he'll be over and forgotten by fall.
Rgirl

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I remember Tiny Tim! I was very sorry that he passed away before he had a chance to cover George Thorogood's "Get a Haircut and Get a Real Job".
Rave