Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canadian pairs news: M-T/M and P/M have split

Hybrid View

umm...

Canadian pairs news: M-T/M and P/M have split

Canadian pairs news: According to a number of reports over the past week, Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch have split. Margaret Purdy and Michael Marinaro have also called it quits.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inter...g/278550292537

Custom Title
    Is there something in the water? Something in the air? Why so many splits in the FS world? I liked M-T/M, more than D/R. This is a sad night.

umm...
    I wonder who's next...

Custom Title
    Noooooooooooooooo...........

Custom Title
    I MUCH preferred Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch over Radford and Duhamel. I'm sorry to hear this.

Rinkside
    They actually never have been my "cup of tea", but I liked them for they unique style and presentation... So sad to hear that...
    I wonder, who will be the next partner for both of them. Could it be Mervin Tran for Kirsten?

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Cat View Post
    Is there something in the water? Something in the air? Why so many splits in the FS world? I liked M-T/M, more than D/R. This is a sad night.
    I liked them, too -- was looking forward to seeing how they would develop in 2014-2015.

Also like orange cats!

Custom Title
    I preferred Kirsten & Dylan to Meghan & Eric, too. Kirsten & Dylan seem warmer and more personable and fun. Meghan & Eric can be good technicians, but they tend to go through the motions somewhat cold and mechanically at times without as much artistry.

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    I always just liked the vibe I got from Kirsten and Dylan. They always seemed to love performing and each other. I hope they'll reconsider - this year could be the year where they finally overtake Meghan and Eric at Canadian nationals again.

Custom Title
    I don't think it's reasonable to blame V/T (or Aliona, whose new partner is unproven anyway) for the split. It's not their responsibility to "step aside and give others a chance." I highly doubt that's why M-T/M split. It's their partnership, their decision, and I trust they're not foolish enough to let the actions of other teams be the main guide on what they'll do. I don't think they were adamant about staying after Sochi solely 'cause, "Oh, V/T and S/S will be gone, MEDAL GRAB TIME!!"

Custom Title
    Dammit.

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Okay, so after the Russian's soap opera, now we have Canadian's drama?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post
    Canadian pairs news: According to a number of reports over the past week, Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch have split. Margaret Purdy and Michael Marinaro have also called it quits.
    The M-T/M situation may be a case of retirement by Dylan, rather than a split.

P/M are less surprising because they have been plagued by height problems for quite a while.

Let's all dream of happier times... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JGnbTKs0ak

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    The M-T/M situation may be a case of retirement by Dylan, rather than a split.

P/M are less surprising because they have been plagued by height problems for quite a while.
    Yeah but what confuses me is that Dylan clearly was NOT planning to retire. See quotes below, which weren't the only ones he put out there.Emphasis is all mine but if anything he was the more vehement that they wanted to keep going, that HE had asked HER about the next Olympics, that this was their FIRST Olympics, and so on.

Re P/M yes, this if anything was overdue. It is too bad but she is just too tall for pairs skating now.Nothing for anyone to do.

"I slept with it beside my bed the first night I got it," said Moscovitch. "The experience has been everything we hoped for our first Olympics."

As it turned out, this week also marks an anniversary. It was five years ago that the Wirtz's paired the couple up at RIM Park. And there will be many more celebrations to come.

Before leaving the rink, the team committed to taking a run at the 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang, South Korea.

"You know we say we're going to take it one year at a time but why not?" said Moore-Towers, of shooting for a second Games. "Dream big. This is far too much fun."

Moscovitch said he asked his partner about South Korea two days after arriving in Sochi.

"We love the Olympics, we love skating, we love training and we love our lives," said the 29-year-old. "I don't think that we've maxed out. I think we're just starting to hit stride and I'm really excited to see what more we're capable of."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yeah but what confuses me is that Dylan clearly was NOT planning to retire. See quotes below, which weren't the only ones he put out there.Emphasis is all mine but if anything he was the more vehement that they wanted to keep going, that HE had asked HER about the next Olympics, that this was their FIRST Olympics, and so on.

Re P/M yes, this if anything was overdue. It is too bad but she is just too tall for pairs skating now.Nothing for anyone to do.
    Yes, you're right that it sounded like Dylan & Kirsten were planning to continue for another Olympic cycle. It's been reported on other forums that Kirsten may skate with Michael Marinaro or Joshua Reagan. Mervin Tran is closest to her ability level, though.

Purdy & Marinaro had a rough time with one of their lifts coming down at 4 Continents a few months ago, so perhaps that was the final issue which made them realize the height problem was becoming too much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast