Canadian pairs news: M-T/M and P/M have split | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Canadian pairs news: M-T/M and P/M have split

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Whether you wanna laugh about it or not, it's an Olympic silver no matter how you cut it. Would you say Plushenko's or Julia's Sochi gold are negligible, since they're from a team event? :rolleye:

D/R are still one of the top pairs in the world, the 2-time reigning World bronze medalists, and 3-time Canadian champions -- over MT/M, no less. Hate on them as much as you want, but they've got the hardware and you've just got endless, worthless, trolling comments. :laugh:

so ? V/T, S/K. S/H, Y/J, K/S are better than them
even B/D and C/S can overtake this two

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

LOL... K/S?! -- I hope you don't mean Kavaguti/Smirnov, who lost by a huge margin to D/R at 2013 Worlds (13 points), almost 10 points at the 2013 GPF, and didn't even compete all of last season.

Y/J's PB is 173. D/R's is 210. By the time Y/J starts skating well enough to crack the 200's, D/R would probably retire.

And LMAO @ Bazarova/Deputat overtaking them when we haven't even seen them skate/compete yet! :rofl:

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2013/CAT003RS.HTM
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/CAT003RS.HTM
Not bad for a "deplorable" pair. :laugh:
(although all you have to do is look at S/P's results to see how twisted your idea of "deplorable" is... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Salé#Competitive_results)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2013/CAT003RS.HTM
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2014/CAT003RS.HTM
Not bad for a "deplorable" pair. :laugh:
(although all you have to do is look at S/P's results to see how twisted your idea of "deplorable" is... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Salé#Competitive_results)

thanks for reminding me again
a one time to ever set foot on a World podium,
the overscored gold, OOM and the most overscored 2000-2002 season

what a nasty pair :mad:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
LMAO. Deplorable pairs or not, I stand by my opinion that the US will win pairs gold before Canada wins men, because our men are simply cursed. :laugh:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Sale & Pelletier are not the worst pair ever, but they were one of the most overscored and overrated pairs of all time in 2001-2002. There was a heavy amount of politics behind them and many of their questionable wins, and the whole SLC controversy was a gross exagerration of the truth and frankly disgusting, especialy when S&P had many wins over B&S in that period worse than B&S's win in SLC which got no press. They were also quite boring, and like most Canadian figure skaters their sportsmanship and attitudes more often than not was appaling. I dont miss them one bit, and they are probably the weakest pair to ever win the OGM (if the way they got an OGM can even be called "winning" an OGM).

It is good to see by serious skating fans today Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze are worshipped like royalty, as one of the all time great Russian pairs, while S&P are barely noted by anyone anymore.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
but they were one of the most overscored and overrated pairs of all time in 2001-2002. There was a heavy amount of politics behind them and many of their questionable wins, and the whole SLC controversy was a gross exagerration of the truth and frankly disgusting, especialy when S&P had many wins over B&S in that period worse than B&S's win in SLC which got no press. They were also quite boring, and like most Canadian figure skaters their sportsmanship and attitudes more often than not was appaling. I dont miss them one bit, and they are probably the weakest pair to ever win the OGM (if the way they got an OGM can even be called "winning" an OGM).

It is good to see by serious skating fans today Berezhnaya & Sikharulidze are worshipped like royalty, as one of the all time great Russian pairs, while S&P are barely noted by anyone anymore.

not only in 2001-2002 but ever since 2000
they are one of the most shameful pairs that ever existed,
at least I'm happy to know their crocodile tears in SLC are slammed until today

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
LMAO. Deplorable pairs or not, I stand by my opinion that the US will win pairs gold before Canada wins men, because our men are simply cursed. :laugh:

Re: US pairs/gold, from your keyboard to g***'s ears! I'd settle for any color let alone gold; love pairs and as an American have been saddened that the US hasn't produced any in recent years who can challenge on an international stage.

Nothing against Canadian men, BTW. :)

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Whether you wanna laugh about it or not, it's an Olympic silver no matter how you cut it. Would you say Plushenko's or Julia's Sochi gold are negligible, since they're from a team event? :rolleye:

You prove yourself a huge hypocrite in this case as you were demeaning the value of a team medal in Plushenko's case and others you dont like, but now use it to further buff up D&R who you love. Atleast skyfall is consistent in her view it doesnt carry much value and doesnt change this view for skaters she likes or less, whether her view is right or wrong (eg- she doesnt brag endlessly about Gold's Olympic bronze). I do think the Olympic team medal carries some value, but likewise I am consistent in my view and dont bounce it around depending which skater is involved as you so typically do.

flutzy13

On the Ice

I'm sorry who are Y/J and B/D?

I'm a huge huge Marissa and Simon fan and even I don't see them overtaking D/R unless some sort of consistency miracle occurs. Even at pretty much their absolute best at the Olympics and D/R skating tight and sloppy, there was like a 12 point difference (although I felt it should have been narrower even with a World medalist bump). Its an interesting comparison though, as I said before, they're very similar teams with the same height difference, the same choreographer, kind of a gutsy, fearlness to their skating etc. I'd even give C&S the edge on performance quality as Marissa's way more interesting to watch than Meghan. If they were more consistent, there's no reason they couldn't be up there with them. Still, I don't really see it happening and I think the judges have placed them in different tiers that I'm not sure will shift.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
You prove yourself a huge hypocrite in this case as you were demeaning the value of a team medal in Plushenko's case and others you dont like, but now use it to further buff up D&R who you love. Atleast skyfall is consistent in her view it doesnt carry much value and doesnt change this view for skaters she likes or less, whether her view is right or wrong (eg- she doesnt brag endlessly about Gold's Olympic bronze). I do think the Olympic team medal carries some value, but likewise I am consistent in my view and dont bounce it around depending which skater is involved as you so typically do.

agreed, right now a Team medal isnt something to brag much about
Gracie will be known as a 4th finisher in Sochi not a Team bronze medalist, same for Julia a 5th place finisher

lol at the bragging for D/R as OTSM :rofl:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
agreed, right now a Team medal isnt something to brag much about
Gracie will be known as a 4th finisher in Sochi not a Team bronze medalist, same for Julia a 5th place finisher

lol at the bragging for D/R as OTSM :rofl:

LOL at bragging at Gracie being a 4th-place finisher, who was 11 points from the podium at that. :rolleye:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
LOL at bragging at Gracie being a 4th-place finisher, who was 11 points from the podium at that. :rolleye:

lol at someone bragging at Osmond's Team Silver medal :bang: :rolleye:
who placed 13th in Olympics and lost to another Canadian in FS at Worlds who again was not in Top 10
Osmond has never been near any podium to boot

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

I was simply stating their accolades which includes an OSM which is the truth. When have I ever said Plushenko's or Julia's team gold carry no value, and when have I ever said anything to the effect of D/R's silver medal being more notable than an individual medal?

You are correct about one thing: sky_fall's consistent in her view and it doesn't carry much value. :laugh:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
They were also quite boring, and like most Canadian figure skaters their sportsmanship and attitudes more often than not was appaling. I dont miss them one bit, and they are probably the weakest pair to ever win the OGM (if the way they got an OGM can even be called "winning" an OGM).

What makes you say that our Canadian figure skaters have terrible sportsmanship & attitudes? :scratch:

That seems like a broad generalization to make.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
What makes you say that our Canadian figure skaters have terrible sportsmanship & attitudes? :scratch:

That seems like a broad generalization to make.

probably because of their skaters reaction when the canadian crowd boo non Canadians who score higher than home ice skaters ?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
lol at someone bragging at Osmond's Team Silver medal :bang: :rolleye:
who placed 13th in Olympics and lost to another Canadian in FS at Worlds who again was not in Top 10
Osmond has never been near any podium to boot

Hah, but the reality is, Osmond has an Olympic silver and Gold has an Olympic bronze, and neither has a World medal. Osmond also has 2 international wins (including a GP), and Gold has none. Also a fact. All your whining and hatred doesn't change these simple facts. :laugh:

Just like your hatred of D/R doesn't change the fact that they have two World medals, and MT/M have none, nor does it change the fact that S/P have a slew of gold medals including a World and Olympic gold, no matter how you desperately and pathetically you attempt to paint them as the worst team ever. :sarcasm:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty

Stojko, Lloyd Eisler, Scott Moir, Patrick Chan, Sale & Pelletier, Bourne & Kraatz, Manley (just read her book, the butthurt makes you ache). Anymore questions?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Okay, okay. I knew before hand that drama and more drama would come when three of the biggest pillars of GS joined a thread at once.:rolleye:

But I didn't expect it to be Romance of the three kingdoms (Skyfly - CSG - Pangtongfan) :popcorn: this is not just an usual drama, but historic and heroic drama! For more information, please visits:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms

I am watching, please continue. :popcorn::popcorn: