Canadian pairs news: M-T/M and P/M have split | Golden Skate

Canadian pairs news: M-T/M and P/M have split

Orange Cat

On the Ice
Is there something in the water? Something in the air? Why so many splits in the FS world? I liked M-T/M, more than D/R. This is a sad night.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Okay, so after the Russian's soap opera, now we have Canadian's drama?:eek:

noskates

Record Breaker
I MUCH preferred Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch over Radford and Duhamel. I'm sorry to hear this.

Jeff_Kenya

Spectator
They actually never have been my "cup of tea", but I liked them for they unique style and presentation... So sad to hear that...
I wonder, who will be the next partner for both of them. Could it be Mervin Tran for Kirsten?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Aw, that's some sad news... I would have at least liked to see M-T/M win a GP event or maybe even a World medal, they're such a talented pair (and while they're not as technically ambitious as D/R, I prefer their style much better). I wonder if they will continue with different partners? Mervin and Kirsten would be a pretty interesting duo -- is he still with Natasha Purich and even competing next season?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I was so excited for their upcoming season. Ugh, this is horrible.
Neither of them are up on ice partner search though, so maybe they'll pull an I/K S/Z switchup and just trade partners.

wolkenschloss

Rinkside
So sorry to hear that. I began to like M-T & M since this season, thought they would be No1. for Canada and get internatioanl medals in next seasons.
What'll happen? If Russian top pairs maintatin staying together, then they will dominate next quads.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Damn I actually met M-T/M at the beginning of April and they said they were going to continue until 2018, sad news for me

GF2445

Record Breaker
This is going to be a massive chink in Canada's armour. Its time for purich and tran and lawrence and swiegers to step up now to the task,

Duality

On the Ice
It's terrible. MTM were so wonderful. They could be the first Canadian pair the next season and the rivals for SK and VT.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Have either MT or M or Skate Canada confirmed this? Does anyone have a link to a source other than the facebook page, which is incredibly vague, that says this?

I have a hard time believing it, not because I particularly like them, but because they have been 100% explicit that they were going for 2018 in many post Olympic and post World interviews, and this does not strike me as an I/K situation where one of them was saying it and didn't mean it. If it is true that they are splitting, I fear something is wrong with one of them healthwise or something similar.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Have either MT or M or Skate Canada confirmed this? Does anyone have a link to a source other than the facebook page, which is incredibly vague, that says this?

I have a hard time believing it, not because I particularly like them, but because they have been 100% explicit that they were going for 2018 in many post Olympic and post World interviews, and this does not strike me as an I/K situation where one of them was saying it and didn't mean it. If it is true that they are splitting, I fear something is wrong with one of them healthwise or something similar.
There's no official confirmation yet.
IFS magazine is well known and respected. I'm sure We well get the confirmation sooner than later.

desertskates

Medalist
Jeez. It's almost like everybody got home from Sochi, recovered from their jetlag, looked at their partners and thought "Screw you, man. I'm out."
Too bad, I liked them as a pair.

slider11

Medalist
Bummer! Dylan will be 30 in Sept and Kristen 22 in July. She definitely has the talent and youth for 2018. They came so close so often just getting nudged by Duhamel and Radford. I know D/R won the bronze but I far preferred M-T/M. I hope like Weaver and Poje they would hang around to make their move. I hope, if this is true that Kristen lands with someone soon and stays with Wirtz and Wirtz as coaches.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
What is going on in Figure Skating? It's been a crazy off season and it's still not over.

I was a big fan of MT/M, I expected them to be on the worlds podium for the next olympic cycle. I much prefer them to D/R but as a previous poster said the international judges didn't agree. Not surprised with P/M, she just got to tall for them but they had a nice style on the ice.