Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 211

Thread: Canadian pairs news: M-T/M and P/M have split

  1. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    What makes you say that our Canadian figure skaters have terrible sportsmanship & attitudes?

    That seems like a broad generalization to make.
    probably because of their skaters reaction when the canadian crowd boo non Canadians who score higher than home ice skaters ?

  2. #77
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    lol at someone bragging at Osmond's Team Silver medal
    who placed 13th in Olympics and lost to another Canadian in FS at Worlds who again was not in Top 10
    Osmond has never been near any podium to boot
    Hah, but the reality is, Osmond has an Olympic silver and Gold has an Olympic bronze, and neither has a World medal. Osmond also has 2 international wins (including a GP), and Gold has none. Also a fact. All your whining and hatred doesn't change these simple facts.

    Just like your hatred of D/R doesn't change the fact that they have two World medals, and MT/M have none, nor does it change the fact that S/P have a slew of gold medals including a World and Olympic gold, no matter how you desperately and pathetically you attempt to paint them as the worst team ever.

  3. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    What makes you say that our Canadian figure skaters have terrible sportsmanship & attitudes?
    Stojko, Lloyd Eisler, Scott Moir, Patrick Chan, Sale & Pelletier, Bourne & Kraatz, Manley (just read her book, the butthurt makes you ache). Anymore questions?

  4. #79
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    probably because of their skaters reaction when the canadian crowd boo non Canadians who score higher than home ice skaters ?
    At least Canadian crowds stay in the building to watch the non-Canadian skaters.

  5. #80
    Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    4,408
    Okay, okay. I knew before hand that drama and more drama would come when three of the biggest pillars of GS joined a thread at once.

    But I didn't expect it to be Romance of the three kingdoms (Skyfly - CSG - Pangtongfan) this is not just an usual drama, but historic and heroic drama! For more information, please visits:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance...Three_Kingdoms

    I am watching, please continue.

  6. #81
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Stojko, Lloyd Eisler, Scott Moir, Patrick Chan, Sale & Pelletier, Bourne & Kraatz, Manley (just read her book, the butthurt makes you ache). Anymore questions?
    You could apply this to skaters from practically every major skating country other than Japan.

  7. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Hah, but the reality is, Osmond has an Olympic silver and Gold has an Olympic bronze, and neither has a World medal. Osmond also has 2 international wins (including a GP), and Gold has none. Also a fact. All your whining and hatred doesn't change these simple facts.

    Just like your hatred of D/R doesn't change the fact that they have two World medals, and MT/M have none, nor does it change the fact that S/P have a slew of gold medals including a World and Olympic gold, no matter how you desperately and pathetically you attempt to paint them as the worst team ever.
    S/P
    1 a questionable OGM
    1 Overscored World Gold and deplorable GPF Gold
    not much to brag about that

    D/R are 7th place finisher in Sochi
    lost the SC gold to Berton / Hotarek and was near off the podium
    never medaled in GPF even S/H and B/L have done

    Gracie had a 4th place finish at Olympics
    has placed 6th and 4th at Worlds

    Osmond is a 13th finisher at Olympics
    and off the Top 10 at Worlds

  8. #83
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,850
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    Re: US pairs/gold, from your keyboard to g***'s ears! I'd settle for any color let alone gold; love pairs and as an American have been saddened that the US hasn't produced any in recent years who can challenge on an international stage.

    Nothing against Canadian men, BTW.
    Well, "winning gold before Canadian men win gold" could still take a long time. Hopefully we'll both be alive to see it.

    I can't believe I'm admitting this as a Canadian, but I'm almost rooting for USA to win pairs before Canada wins men. The men's curse has gotten so bad I simply find it funny at this point. I mean, I feel bad for Elvis (he really could've won both times, that damn injury in Nagano), but by the time it got to Chan I just sighed and went, "Well, that's such a surprise..." We've got three people who have two Olympic medals each (if we count Chan's team medal), of only about eight men who have won more than one Olympic medal since Dick Button. All six of those medals are silver.

    EDIT: Lol, Meoima, you're killing me with the Romance of the Three Kingdoms reference! Also, I should clarify, in light of Pangtongfan's post--I have nothing against the attitudes of Canadian skaters. Not really rooting for our men because I never rooted for people based on nationality. And because of the above (that I've pretty much given up and will be happy to have the joke over the OGM).

  9. #84
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    You could apply this to skaters from practically every major skating country other than Japan.
    Well, but also, it ignores the Canadians who seem to be good sports- MT/M seem to be, Joanni Rochette, Osmond, Tessa Virtue, Weave and Poje, Gillies and Poier, Gabi Daleman, in fact even Duhamel/Radford seem to be good sports. And this is only a list of current (other than Rochette) competitors- if you want me to go back further there is Jose Chenard and many others.

  10. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Stojko, Lloyd Eisler, Scott Moir, Patrick Chan, Sale & Pelletier, Bourne & Kraatz, Manley (just read her book, the butthurt makes you ache). Anymore questions?
    you forgot Brasseur & Eisler

  11. #86
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,400
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Hah, but the reality is, Osmond has an Olympic silver and Gold has an Olympic bronze, and neither has a World medal. Osmond also has 2 international wins (including a GP), and Gold has none. Also a fact. All your whining and hatred doesn't change these simple facts.

    Just like your hatred of D/R doesn't change the fact that they have two World medals, and MT/M have none, nor does it change the fact that S/P have a slew of gold medals including a World and Olympic gold, no matter how you desperately and pathetically you attempt to paint them as the worst team ever.
    That may be the case but Gold has owned Osmond since Katelyn beat Gracie at SC in 2012.

  12. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    in fact even Duhamel/Radford seem to be good sports.
    they are delusional at Worlds they were proclaiming in the canadian media
    they can beat V/T and will challenge for the gold in Saitama, same in Sochi they will challenge, the nerve of arrogance of this two is horrible

  13. #88
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    they are delusional at Worlds they were proclaiming in the canadian media
    they can beat V/T and will challenge for the gold in Saitama, same in Sochi they will challenge, the nerve of arrogance of this two are a horrible
    Yes BUT, show me one time when they have looked displeased with their score or result, or sad anything negative about their actual placement or about other teams. You can't.

  14. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yes BUT, show me one time when they have looked displeased with their score or result, or sad anything negative about their actual placement or about other teams. You can't.
    bragging in the press and media is still arrogance

  15. #90
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,080
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    D/R are 7th place finisher in Sochi
    lost the SC gold to Berton / Hotarek and was near off the podium
    never medaled in GPF even S/H and B/L have done

    Gracie had a 4th place finish at Olympics
    has placed 6th and 4th at Worlds
    Ahem, she was 5th at Worlds... and lucky to be, at that. You can compare Osmond to Gracie all you want dude, but she still has more international wins at this point.

    As for trying to diss D/R for losing the SC gold to B/H... Gracie lost the SC gold AND silver after bombing her FS, to end up 3rd... behind Lipnitskaia and Suzuki. She also was ACTUALLY off the podium at NHK, losing yet again to Suzuki (and Radionova). Forget about D/R "never medaling" at the GPF... Gracie Gold hasn't even qualified for the GPF.

    B/L and S/H have never medaled at Worlds, so I don't see how that somehow puts them above D/R never having medaled at the GPF.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •