Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tatiana Tarasova's choreography

Question Tatiana Tarasova's choreography

Hello, I just want to ask you guys' opinions about Tarasova's choreography.

Personally I am not her fan, but I respect her achievements. Even though people think she has somewhat gone senile, in my opinion, she is still one of the best choreographers out there.

I really like some of her works, for Yagudin especially. Her choreography often work so well with Mao, maybe their style match each other. I like her works for Mao's FS this season. It was wonderful. (even though I am fed up with Rachmaninoff).

On the other hand, her choreography for Adelina last season (Carmen and Aguilera's) were kinda bad I just want to forget!

So, in your opinion, which of her choreography that you think are among the best? Which of her are among the worst?

BONUS for Ghibli's fan : http://rinkwatchers.tumblr.com/post/...yubaba-so-much

Rinkside
    I love all of her works for Mao, especially her EX such as Por Una Cabeza, Caprice and Ballad No.1.

So, I wondered what happened to her choreography for Adelina

Custom Title
    Is she the best Russian choreographer now? After Averbukh's Schindler's list I'm not so sure.

Medalist
    Winter

Custom Title
    Winter was masterful and probably Tarasova's best program IMO. I just watched the Youtube again last night. Of course Yagudin's feet move only secondary to Kurt Browning's when it comes to quickness and agility. It took an exceptionally gifted skater to pull that program off. The music, the costume, throwing ice in the air, everything was just beautiful.

Adelina? Meh. But then if I'm not mistaken, no one really expected her to even medal at the Olys based on her past sloppy and inconsistent programs. Maybe Tarasova's genius only comes forth when she has a real contender?

Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    Adelina? Meh. But then if I'm not mistaken, no one really expected her to even medal at the Olys based on her past sloppy and inconsistent programs. Maybe Tarasova's genius only comes forth when she has a real contender?
    Especially that long program with Aguilera's voice cracking in the background!!

Anyways, what kind of costume is this???? Tarasova has gone senile when it comes to costume choice (barring anything she said about Kim Yuna's costume), I am afraid so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNfvjc4jLJ8

Comes to think of it, Tarasova's choreography also worked with Shizuka Arakawa to some extent, not memorable but not so bad, just kinda so so.

Other from programs she designed for Yagudin, anyone remember other memorable programs that Tarasova worked with other male skaters? Nothing comes to my mind at this moment.

I hate her choreography. She ruined Mao for me. Anyways, her assistants usually do all the choreography for Tarasova.. isn't that the truth?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Especially that long program with Aguilera's voice cracking in the background!!

Anyways, what kind of costume is this???? Tarasova has gone senile when it comes to costume choice (barring anything she said about Kim Yuna's costume), I am afraid so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNfvjc4jLJ8

Comes to think of it, Tarasova's choreography also worked with Shizuka Arakawa to some extent, not memorable but not so bad, just kinda so so.

Other from programs she designed for Yagudin, anyone remember other memorable programs that Tarasova worked with other male skaters? Nothing comes to my mind at this moment.
    Kulik's programs

I love his R&J program. also Libestraum was beautiful. But his Gershin program at oly... i find it quite frankly his worst choreo ever.

Wasn't Tarasova doing the programs also for Griazev or was Yagudin or Morozov?

Custom Title
    Asada's Rachmaninov had superb choreography.

Sotnikova's on the other hand...what the heck was up with that strange robot-move in the middle of her program?

I like her programs. But I think the Winter was made by Morozov.. or just the famous footwork?

I really liked Mao's Swan LP in last year.

Hello, I just want to ask you guys' opinions about Tarasova's choreography.

Personally I am not her fan, but I respect her achievements. Even though people think she has somewhat gone senile, in my opinion, she is still one of the best choreographers out there.

I really like some of her works, for Yagudin especially. Her choreography often work so well with Mao, maybe their style match each other. I like her works for Mao's FS this season. It was wonderful. (even though I am fed up with Rachmaninoff).

On the other hand, her choreography for Adelina last season (Carmen and Aguilera's) were kinda bad I just want to forget!

So, in your opinion, which of her choreography that you think are among the best? Which of her are among the worst?

BONUS for Ghibli's fan : http://rinkwatchers.tumblr.com/post/...yubaba-so-much
    I love her and her choreo. that she did for her skaters in general.

I don't think she is Adelina's choreo. I think she is a some kind of consulant but not her choreo.

Custom Title
    Tarasova is probably like most other choreographers: some hits, some misses. Unless you're Rohene Ward, who is all hits, or Lori Nichol, who is lately all misses.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Tarasova is probably like most other choreographers: some hits, some misses. Unless you're Rohene Ward, who is all hits, or Lori Nichol, who is lately all misses.
    Or hits if the skater fits her style. The work she did with Yagudin and Kulik was great and she transformed G&P but she was absolutely dreadful for Gordeeva and Grinkov.

Custom Title

AHAHAHA, YES!

Custom Title
    I've always loved her style, but it is a template Russian ballet style that may be too heavy for some. Prime example would be Mao Asada's 2008-10 phase. Those programs were likely the more divisive in her career because they were like clothes that didn't fit quite right: more like the choreography was wearing her rather than her owning the movements. That being said, paired with the right material it worked beautifully if it combined drama and delicacy for her. Prime examples of this for Mao were Tarasova's Swan Lake and Rach 2 free skates.

Otherwise I enjoy the programs she created, but they had to fit a certain skater's style to really work magic. Too many to name here but off the top of my head (Mao examples aside) she created magic for Yagudin in the SLC season.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast