Tatiana Tarasova's choreography | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tatiana Tarasova's choreography

FSGMT

Record Breaker
A few years back I was privilefged to have Tarasova training her group right here by me in NJ. That was during the time Yagudin was at his peak...and she had Morozov as an assistant. I went each day & watched the practices/training sessions. My feeling then was that Morozov did most of the choreography and refinement of hands, arms, expression, etc. He would be the one demonstrating and showing how to do it. Also, Yvgeni and Maya Usova were training as pros and there too it seemed Morozov's dance background that was utilized extensively.
That's really interesting! :eek::think:

Anyway, some of the programs she created for Adelina were quite decent: her Aguilera FS was not the best, yes, but I can say that after seeing it live (in Zagreb, its best performance I think) it wasn't that bad; I actually really liked all of the SPs (Strauss Waltz, Bolero and Capriccio Espagnol) she gave her...

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
TAT is now officially Artur Gachinski's coach and he already look unrecognisable, in a good way!!!
This is his new SP choreographed by TAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_axiS871Vc
All hail, TAT's magic touch.

Is this really his new short? Very daring if he is the first Russian man to go for the lyrics. (Also it must be an unfinished version - there's a missing jump and a missing spin in there, and both his spins were the same.)

But you are right - he already looks so very different. He looks more like the skater he once was, but more polished, and it makes my heart glad.

whatif

Medalist
Is this really his new short? Very daring if he is the first Russian man to go for the lyrics. (Also it must be an unfinished version - there's a missing jump and a missing spin in there, and both his spins were the same.)

But you are right - he already looks so very different. He looks more like the skater he once was, but more polished, and it makes my heart glad.

This was at Averbuhk's show. So I am sure that the programme was adjusted for the format and is unfinished. But it has been confirmed that this will be his SP this season by people who attended the show.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
This was at Averbuhk's show. So I am sure that the programme was adjusted for the format and is unfinished. But it has been confirmed that this will be his SP this season by people who attended the show.

Goodness. If this is the short, I am very much looking forward to the long.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
There are some really interesting moves here!! :clap::yes: It is surely not the final version, since he needs to put the 4T combo at the beginning I think...

Or at the end. He looks very fit...

NYscorp6

On the Ice
Country
United-States
What program did Tatiana choreograph for Katia & Sergei? I don't recall that at all.

Alba

Record Breaker
What program did Tatiana choreograph for Katia & Sergei? I don't recall that at all.

I don't remember that either. According to Katia, in her docu., they worked with Zuk and Zueva but according to TAT's wiki they are listed among her skaters. :confused:

@All: I'm so happy for Gachinski. :yay:

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I don't remember that either. According to Katia, in her docu., they worked with Zuk and Zueva but according to TAT's wiki they are listed among her skaters. :confused:

@All: I'm so happy for Gachinski. :yay:

She worked with them during their first year or two as a pro. The one I remember was an awful clown program.

Alba

Record Breaker

Well, I don't have a problem with this choreo. tbh. I think the costumes and the painting are too much.

Anyway, I'm still stunned of how people could say TAT destroyed Mao?!:unsure:.
I was watching her programs last night, and IMO, she did some of the most amazing choreo. for Mao: like the Tango, Ladies in Lavander and Swan Lake, are to die for. I love Masquerade and Bells of Moscow but I know some didn't, and the last one, Rachmaninoff Pianco concerto no.2, is simply exquisite.

I think TAT gave her best with Yagudin and Mao. :clap:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I think TAT gave Mao a level of sophistication and maturity beyond her years. Except in 2010, it was TOO beyond her years... Bells of Moscow was just way too over-worked, over-dramatic and serious for a skater like Mao at that time. Rachmaninoff for Mao now, that makes sense. But back then, large orchestral music didn't work for her. It made it seem like she forced that music on Mao to have her live up to it, but it just didn't work. On some level though, I'm sure that experience with TAT has contributed to Mao's current level of artistry.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think TAT gave Mao a level of sophistication and maturity beyond her years. Except in 2010, it was TOO beyond her years... Bells of Moscow was just way too over-worked, over-dramatic and serious for a skater like Mao at that time. Rachmaninoff for Mao now, that makes sense. But back then, large orchestral music didn't work for her. It made it seem like she forced that music on Mao to have her live up to it, but it just didn't work. On some level though, I'm sure that experience with TAT has contributed to Mao's current level of artistry.
I don't follow Mao that much, so maybe you are right. But for the most part, I think Tat certainly have it soft for Mao, or else she couldn't have choreographed for Mao so many years.
I am kinda curious, though, about who she favors the most out of her students? Yagudin is the first one came to my mind. But it has been years since he retired, she must have fawned over other now.
She praised Kovtun a lot, but I don't see much love in her towards this boy.
Even though at the moment seems to favor Adelina, I can't see Tat's devotion to Adelina through her choreography. Even the costumes that Adelina have been wearing, except for Sochi, were so tedious some people even call that atrocity. Meh, Tat surely has gone senile when it come to her fashion sense.
Maybe her new favorite next season will be Radionova, now that she is going to turn senior.