Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tatiana Tarasova's choreography

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    Or hits if the skater fits her style. The work she did with Yagudin and Kulik was great and she transformed G&P but she was absolutely dreadful for Gordeeva and Grinkov.
    Did she work with G&G? I didn't know that....She worked with K&P.

"Winter"-Yagudin (though I believe much of that was done by Morozov)
    I also enjoyed the Bolero SP she did for Lysacek that he won 2009 Worlds with.

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyEdges View Post
    "Winter"-Yagudin (though I believe much of that was done by Morozov)
    I also enjoyed the Bolero SP she did for Lysacek that he won 2009 Worlds with.
    I guess lots of her so-called programs were done by her students/assistants. But she would be the one who gave the initial ideas and some touch for a more polished programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I guess lots of her so-call programs were done by her students/assistents. But she would be the one who gave the initial ideas and some touch for a more polished programs.
    That can be said of many choreographers in the skating world (at least the older ones). Zueva comes to mind recently as doing the same thing.
    Tarasova has choreographed many programs herself, but there are a few that her assistants added to such as with Yagudin's "Winter" SP.

Rinkside
    A few years back I was privilefged to have Tarasova training her group right here by me in NJ. That was during the time Yagudin was at his peak...and she had Morozov as an assistant. I went each day & watched the practices/training sessions. My feeling then was that Morozov did most of the choreography and refinement of hands, arms, expression, etc. He would be the one demonstrating and showing how to do it. Also, Yvgeni and Maya Usova were training as pros and there too it seemed Morozov's dance background that was utilized extensively.
    No elite skaters are training here now to my knowledge and I havent been close to the skating environment lately - especially since we lost so much on TV. I do miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by GypsyFe View Post
    A few years back I was privilefged to have Tarasova training her group right here by me in NJ. That was during the time Yagudin was at his peak...and she had Morozov as an assistant. I went each day & watched the practices/training sessions. My feeling then was that Morozov did most of the choreography and refinement of hands, arms, expression, etc. He would be the one demonstrating and showing how to do it. Also, Yvgeni and Maya Usova were training as pros and there too it seemed Morozov's dance background that was utilized extensively.
    That's really interesting!

Anyway, some of the programs she created for Adelina were quite decent: her Aguilera FS was not the best, yes, but I can say that after seeing it live (in Zagreb, its best performance I think) it wasn't that bad; I actually really liked all of the SPs (Strauss Waltz, Bolero and Capriccio Espagnol) she gave her...

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1a3fbVgYg4

at 7:37 and 8:33
    You gotta love her.

Custom Title
    TAT is now officially Artur Gachinski's coach and he already look unrecognisable, in a good way!!!
    This is his new SP choreographed by TAT.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_axiS871Vc
    All hail, TAT's magic touch.

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    TAT is now officially Artur Gachinski's coach and he already look unrecognisable, in a good way!!!
    Gachinski! Since when have you become this hot? Tat sure has magic! Behold Kovtun! I am sure if Kovtun doesn't improve next season, Tat will drop him and do the politiking for Gachinski! !

Custom Title
    Is this really his new short? Very daring if he is the first Russian man to go for the lyrics. (Also it must be an unfinished version - there's a missing jump and a missing spin in there, and both his spins were the same.)

But you are right - he already looks so very different. He looks more like the skater he once was, but more polished, and it makes my heart glad.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Is this really his new short? Very daring if he is the first Russian man to go for the lyrics. (Also it must be an unfinished version - there's a missing jump and a missing spin in there, and both his spins were the same.)

But you are right - he already looks so very different. He looks more like the skater he once was, but more polished, and it makes my heart glad.
    This was at Averbuhk's show. So I am sure that the programme was adjusted for the format and is unfinished. But it has been confirmed that this will be his SP this season by people who attended the show.

Custom Title
    This was at Averbuhk's show. So I am sure that the programme was adjusted for the format and is unfinished. But it has been confirmed that this will be his SP this season by people who attended the show.
    Goodness. If this is the short, I am very much looking forward to the long.

There are some really interesting moves here!! It is surely not the final version, since he needs to put the 4T combo at the beginning I think...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    There are some really interesting moves here!! It is surely not the final version, since he needs to put the 4T combo at the beginning I think...
    Or at the end. He looks very fit...

Custom Title
    That's a pretty damn good choreo

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast