Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tatiana Tarasova's choreography

Custom Title
    What program did Tatiana choreograph for Katia & Sergei? I don't recall that at all.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYscorp6 View Post
    What program did Tatiana choreograph for Katia & Sergei? I don't recall that at all.
    I don't remember that either. According to Katia, in her docu., they worked with Zuk and Zueva but according to TAT's wiki they are listed among her skaters.

@All: I'm so happy for Gachinski.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I don't remember that either. According to Katia, in her docu., they worked with Zuk and Zueva but according to TAT's wiki they are listed among her skaters.

@All: I'm so happy for Gachinski.
    She worked with them during their first year or two as a pro. The one I remember was an awful clown program.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxis12345 View Post
    She worked with them during their first year or two as a pro. The one I remember was an awful clown program.
    Wait, S/S weren't the only ones who did clowns? (Do I even want to know...? Is it bad enough to tarnish G/G's image?)

Ah ok. I didn't know that and I didn't follow the Pros at the time.

OMG, could Katia be any more beautiful - I am basing this on her first look at Sergei.

Well, I don't have a problem with this choreo. tbh. I think the costumes and the painting are too much.

Anyway, I'm still stunned of how people could say TAT destroyed Mao?!.
    I was watching her programs last night, and IMO, she did some of the most amazing choreo. for Mao: like the Tango, Ladies in Lavander and Swan Lake, are to die for. I love Masquerade and Bells of Moscow but I know some didn't, and the last one, Rachmaninoff Pianco concerto no.2, is simply exquisite.

I think TAT gave her best with Yagudin and Mao.

Custom Title
    I think TAT gave Mao a level of sophistication and maturity beyond her years. Except in 2010, it was TOO beyond her years... Bells of Moscow was just way too over-worked, over-dramatic and serious for a skater like Mao at that time. Rachmaninoff for Mao now, that makes sense. But back then, large orchestral music didn't work for her. It made it seem like she forced that music on Mao to have her live up to it, but it just didn't work. On some level though, I'm sure that experience with TAT has contributed to Mao's current level of artistry.

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I think TAT gave Mao a level of sophistication and maturity beyond her years. Except in 2010, it was TOO beyond her years... Bells of Moscow was just way too over-worked, over-dramatic and serious for a skater like Mao at that time. Rachmaninoff for Mao now, that makes sense. But back then, large orchestral music didn't work for her. It made it seem like she forced that music on Mao to have her live up to it, but it just didn't work. On some level though, I'm sure that experience with TAT has contributed to Mao's current level of artistry.
    I don't follow Mao that much, so maybe you are right. But for the most part, I think Tat certainly have it soft for Mao, or else she couldn't have choreographed for Mao so many years.
    I am kinda curious, though, about who she favors the most out of her students? Yagudin is the first one came to my mind. But it has been years since he retired, she must have fawned over other now.
    She praised Kovtun a lot, but I don't see much love in her towards this boy.
    Even though at the moment seems to favor Adelina, I can't see Tat's devotion to Adelina through her choreography. Even the costumes that Adelina have been wearing, except for Sochi, were so tedious some people even call that atrocity. Meh, Tat surely has gone senile when it come to her fashion sense.
    Maybe her new favorite next season will be Radionova, now that she is going to turn senior.

Custom Title
    Is TAT responsible for the costumes of the skaters she coaches/choreographs for?

I personally don't have huge issues with Bells of Moscow. Maybe I have a thing for dark themes. I agree the first half was a bit dreary, but I loved the step sequence at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    Is TAT responsible for the costumes of the skaters she coaches/choreographs for?
    She's the godmother of Russian Figure skating, of course if her favorite students wear something unpleasant to her eyes, she could have made some comment. She was so devoted to Yagudin I remember. Maybe it's her touch that Adelina changed the dress for free skate this season. Her dresses at Japan open and TEB were truly atrocity.
    She made some comment about Yuna's dress, too. Even though I don't think Yuna's dress this season is her best, I don't think it's bad at all.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I don't follow Mao that much, so maybe you are right. But for the most part, I think Tat certainly have it soft for Mao, or else she couldn't have choreographed for Mao so many years.
    I am kinda curious, though, about who she favors the most out of her students? Yagudin is the first one came to my mind. But it has been years since he retired, she must have fawned over other now.
    She praised Kovtun a lot, but I don't see much love in her towards this boy.
    Even though at the moment seems to favor Adelina, I can't see Tat's devotion to Adelina through her choreography. Even the costumes that Adelina have been wearing, except for Sochi, were so tedious some people even call that atrocity. Meh, Tat surely has gone senile when it come to her fashion sense.
    Maybe her new favorite next season will be Radionova, now that she is going to turn senior.
    On the contrary, I think she has a lot of love in her for him. Kovtun is a teenage brat, with a ton of potential, and if she didn't have love for him, she wouldn't be showing him the tough love that he needs to ensure his talent doesn't go to waste and that he remains focused.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    On the contrary, I think she has a lot of love in her for him. Kovtun is a teenage brat, with a ton of potential, and if she didn't have love for him, she wouldn't be showing him the tough love that he needs to ensure his talent doesn't go to waste and that he remains focused.
    I just shudder at her sharp eyes when she was instruction Kovtun in some documentary though. Kinda looks like an abusing godmother to me. I don't wish to bear that love. If they ever cast real human to play Yubaba the witch in Spirited Away, I recommend Tarasova.
    Anyways, I remember my friends said she has praised Kovtun A LOT in Russian media.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    She's the godmother of Russian Figure skating, of course if her favorite students wear something unpleasant to her eyes, she could have made some comment. She was so devoted to Yagudin I remember. Maybe it's her touch that Adelina changed the dress for free skate this season. Her dresses at Japan open and TEB were truly atrocity.
    She made some comment about Yuna's dress, too. Even though I don't think Yuna's dress this season is her best, I don't think it's bad at all.
    I gotta say, I'm glad Adelina ditched those awful dresses for the Olympics. Some of the pics just made me go

Yuna's dresses were beautiful! Not her best, but still above most of the field. (TAT can have her opinion, whatever, I just don't agree.)

Yagudin generally managed to avoid fashion disasters after One Banana (), so TAT should be commended for steering him. I dunno if I'd call him extremely well dressed though. Gladiator was excellent, Man in the Iron Mask was decent (though perhaps too literal...), and Lawrence of Arabia... I admit I didn't connect with either the outfit or the program. Though I guess, for many people, "decent" is a welcome change in crazy FS fashion.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast