Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: American Top Skating Official reacts to Cinquanta Proposals

Custom Title
    So it's not Korea but Russia who actually and officially against the current judging rules?

So where all the anti-Russian consipiracists now?

Quote Originally Posted by whatif View Post
    Secret judging hurts winners in disputed events more than anyone else. Had the results in Sochi been more transparent then maybe there wouldn't be so much negative feeling toward Sotnikova (again, I'm not saying for sure she didn't deserve gold, but the anonymity there is a poison pill...... I stopped trusting the judges in 2002 and a new judging system and secret judging hasn't changed that.

Tripping on the Podium
    So it's not Korea but Russia who actually and officially against the current judging rules?

Well don't forget next olympics are in Korea...

Maybe Russia is afraid Korea will be seeking revenge

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    Secret judging hurts winners in disputed events more than anyone else. Had the results in Sochi been more transparent then maybe there wouldn't be so much negative feeling toward Sotnikova (again, I'm not saying for sure she didn't deserve gold, but the anonymity there is a poison pill...... I stopped trusting the judges in 2002 and a new judging system and secret judging hasn't changed that.
    I agree with you. All the secrecy is just making it hard to trust the system. I applaud any country that wants the judges and their marks identified.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MK's Winter View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly. Just because they are events that happen on ice doesn't mean they should be governed the same.
    You can't though. There are many Fed's under speed skating because they are small or don't have enough funds to have their own FS Fed.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafke View Post
    Secret judging hurts winners in disputed events more than anyone else.
    People are still talking about Lillehammer.
    I welcome the proposal, but I still think some fans will never be happy, no matter what.

Had the results in Sochi been more transparent then maybe there wouldn't be so much negative feeling toward Sotnikova
    That's stupid though isn't it? I mean what does Sotnikova got to do with the scoring?

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FS.Addict View Post
    Well don't forget next olympics are in Korea...

Maybe Russia is afraid Korea will be seeking revenge
    Sounds reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Maybe that time Western judges would rather let an Ukrainian girl get the gold than the American girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I welcome the proposal, but I still think some fans will never be happy, no matter what.

The talk about Lillehammer is very different.

As I've said before.

Close results that could have gone either way are very good for the sport, they're a favorite topic of fans who like to explore different 'what if?' scenarios. As long as fans trust that the judges are honest.

Close results that could have gone wither way when the fans don't trust the judges are very bad for the sport.

A should be close result that isn't (when fans don't trust the judges) is even worse for the sport and will

That's stupid though isn't it? I mean what does Sotnikova got to do with the scoring?
    Had the judging been more transparent, maybe her victory wouldn't be tainted by 'skating while Russian' suspicions. But the big problem is that if a knowledgeable fan watches both performances they're really close. But the judges' marks aren't close. Sotnikova had won before Kim skated. If fans aren't prone to trust that the judges are honest then they're gonna be suspicious and the innocent skater is the one who's going to feel the brunt of the suspicion.

well.. sochi is over... they already accomplished what they should accomplish..

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    What a pity for Russians because they are having dozen of prodigies who would be ready for the next Olympic. Or maybe that's the reason? They know how to rig the scores anonymously, so they want to prevent it happen?

Custom Title
    The logic then: it's now the time for Korea to accomplish what they should accomplish?

Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    The logic then: it's now the time for Korea to accomplish what they should accomplish?
    south korea should put 2 koreans in the technical panel (one who pretends to represent south korea) both in the sp and the lp..and 1 more in the lp..with asking yuri balkov the known cheater to cheat for them this time..that's a total of 4.. after all the south korean skating federation is one of the biggest feds in figure skating.. oh wait..

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    south korea should put 2 koreans in the technical panel (one who pretends to represent south korea) both in the sp and the lp..and 1 more in the lp..with asking yuri balkov the known cheater to cheat for them this time..that's a total of 4.. after all the south korean skating federation is one of the biggest feds in figure skating.. oh wait..
    I'm confused now.....I thought we were against this? Isn't that what the petition was about. I would say if Korea did what they accuse others of than double shame on them. Which is worse really?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I'm confused now.....I thought we were against this? Isn't that what the petition was about. I would say if Korea did what they accuse others of than double shame on them. Which is worse really?

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

Sometimes it's hard to tell when it's sarcasm here ...upon reading it again its quite apparent.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast