Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Asher Hill is looking for a new partner

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    I know Kharis' Mum is Filipino, so they could have gone down that route if they stayed together.

But does anybody know Asher's family background? Does he himself have any family claims to an alternative nationality?

CaroLiza_fan
    Kharis was born in the USA, so she may still have American citizenship, but not sure about citizenship for the Philippines. Btw, her Dad died a few years ago, so it's great that her Mom has been very involved in her skating.

Don't know anything about Asher's background other than that he was born in Scarborough and has lived in the GTA his whole life.

Custom Title
    I always felt that Asher was by far the strongest dancer of the two. If he switches to another country, he could have a very successful career.

Custom Title
    I don't even know who Asher Hill is......

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I don't even know who Asher Hill is......
    Long-term member of Canada's National Team with Kharis Ralph.

Ice dancers, they've been skating together since 2002, and are the training mates of Gilles & Poirier.

They were 4th at this year's 4 Continents:

http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010381.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    True. There was a time when V&M retiring would have potentially opened up a spot for R&H, but now with G&P and P&I getting into the Top 10 at Worlds and moving farther ahead of R&H, it will be difficult for them to compete. There was a time when R&H were more competitive with the top teams (such as 2 years ago when they went to Worlds by beating P&I the year G&P couldn't go), but now that P&I have become more consistent and don't have the falls they used to have, R&H can't beat them anymore.

It was probably also difficult being overtaken by O&W the past 2 years (although they did beat them at 4CC's this year). I was hoping their good result at 4CC's might encourage them to come back and have a re-match with O&W at Nationals, but it sounds like Kharis is ready to retire. I think she's doing a degree at the same university as Poirier and she probably wants to be able to finish it by switching to full-time studies.
    Yeah, all that, plus Madeline Edwards and Zhao Kai Pang beat both O&W and R&H on TES at Nationals this year, causing them to be named to the World team, as opposed to the two older teams, who didn't even make the minimum TES scores. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Yeah, all that, plus Madeline Edwards and Zhao Kai Pang beat both O&W and R&H on TES at Nationals this year, causing them to be named to the World team, as opposed to the two older teams, who didn't even make the minimum TES scores. :(
    O&W and R&H finished ahead of E&P at Nationals, but you're right that both teams had a lower TES internationally and did not make the ISU minimum for Worlds.

I suppose it probably was a bit difficult for 2 Senior teams to be passed over as Worlds alternates by a Junior team. O&W will need to get back in the game next year by raising their technical content so they don't get surpassed by the youngsters (their own training mates under Wing & Lowe).

Tripping on the Podium
    In the pair, I think that Ashley Hill is better than Kharis Ralph, I loved their tango at the 2012 WC. I hope he 'll find quickly a new partner

O&W and R&H finished ahead of E&P at Nationals, but you're right that both teams had a lower TES internationally and did not make the ISU minimum for Worlds.

I suppose it probably was a bit difficult for 2 Senior teams to be passed over as Worlds alternates by a Junior team. O&W will need to get back in the game next year by raising their technical content so they don't get surpassed by the youngsters (their own training mates under Wing & Lowe).
    Oh yeah, I know O&W and R&H finished ahead overall, I just meant that IIRC, E&P beat them on TES.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Oh yeah, I know O&W and R&H finished ahead overall, I just meant that IIRC, E&P beat them on TES.
    If I'm reading this correctly, O&W and R&H finished ahead of E&P on the TES score in the SD, but not in the FD. In the FD it looks like E&P finished ahead of O&W and R&H in TES, and that P&O did as well.

http://results.skatecanada.ca/2013-2...gesDetails.pdf

If I'm reading this correctly, O&W and R&H finished ahead of E&P on the TES score in the SD, but not in the FD. In the FD it looks like E&P finished ahead of O&W and R&H in TES, and that P&O did as well.

Oh, ok. Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2