Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ISU Communication 1861: Updated Rules for Singles and Pairs Skating

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Lets see, there are more features to get levels now for spins including difficult entrance or difficult change of position without chamge of foot.
    More body parts to consider when they talk about body movement in step sequences.
    Does somebody know the difference between "Difficult entrance into a spin" and "Difficult variation of flying entry" ? Is there any difficult entrance that is not a flying entry and that i'm not aware of ?

And what's a "Difficult change of position on the same foot"...

I hope we'll get more explanations soon with the technical handbook.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FS.Addict View Post
    Does somebody know the difference between "Difficult entrance into a spin" and "Difficult variation of flying entry" ? Is there any difficult entrance that is not a flying entry and that i'm not aware of ?

And what's a "Difficult change of position on the same foot"...

I hope we'll get more explanations soon with the technical handbook.
    That's what I'm wondering.

I also noticed "clear change of speed" doesn't apply to I-spins/upright spins, except Biellmanns, which applies to many ladies (e.g. Julia) who would otherwise get credit for it.

A difficult change of position is weird because I thought a "difficult variation" gets the level, but if the process of changing position is difficult (for some reason, Courtney Hicks' weird spin comes to mind, Julia's former sit spin over her head, or Sotnikova's flying camel the way her leg goes up) then you get a level?

As far as difficult entrance, maybe things like turning 3's into a back camel counts? It's so weird, lol.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I also noticed "clear change of speed" doesn't apply to I-spins/upright spins, except Biellmanns, which applies to many ladies (e.g. Julia) who would otherwise get credit for it.

A difficult change of position is weird because I thought a "difficult variation" gets the level, but if the process of changing position is difficult (for some reason, Courtney Hicks' weird spin comes to mind, Julia's former sit spin over her head, or Sotnikova's flying camel the way her leg goes up) then you get a level?
    I think it does not matter for the ladies doing these spins, because they easily achieve the 8 revolutions level :P But the change of position... If you do a change of position, you better do another difficult variation instead of guessing they will call the "change of position"...

As far as difficult entrance, maybe things like turning 3's into a back camel counts? It's so weird, lol.
    This is the first (and only) thing that came to my mind !

Custom Title
    It's such a silly subjectivity... like, I assume a camel to difficult sit isn't considered a difficult change of position, but a boxcutter to a Biellmann is? What about a flying camel to sideways camel... I mean, you already get a level for the variation, but is turning your torso skywards considered difficult?

Hah, the only "difficult changes" I'm seeing is that whole document.

Custom Title
    I don't know what they have in mind as "difficult change of position."

One possibility that comes to mind would be something like going from sitspin to camel spin, which is much more difficult than going from camel to sit, especially in a forward spin.

They need to spell out what kind of changes would qualify as difficult, for both the skaters/coaches and the tech panel.

Rinkside
    More rules, more codes, less public understanding.

The new season will be a challenge to both skaters and judges

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jorex View Post
    The new season will be a challenge to both skaters and judges
    How about fans?

#TeamAUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    How about fans?
    Amen. Besides, who made up these rules?
    On another topic, i have optimism that anonymous judging is going to get the boot. If the USA support removing it, pretty much all western nations will vote to remove it (maybe not canada as david dore the vice president of the isu always sides with the isu delegation) and if russia support removing it, all the former soviet nations and east europe will follow in their lead. Japan probably wants this gone as well as south korea following sochi. And good job to greece for standing up and it might give small nation memebers of the isu confidence to follow in their lead. They need a two thirds majority to pass a motion so we are in good hands

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxel View Post
    More rules, more codes, less public understanding.
    I wonder what their reason is.

Tripping on the Podium
    If these new rules stick around till 2018, I see another massive judging scandal brewing up again among the casual viewers, because what most people see probably won't match the scores/final outcome, and we're back to people "being robbed" of medals again

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by justastro View Post
    If these new rules stick around till 2018, I see another massive judging scandal brewing up again among the casual viewers, because what most people see probably won't match the scores/final outcome, and we're back to people "being robbed" of medals again
    TES box going to help a lot. Most peoples going to see 4.2 points for 3lutz and I don't think casual viewers know how much point a 3lutz actually is.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elif View Post
    TES box going to help a lot. Most peoples going to see 4.2 points for 3lutz and I don't think casual viewers know how much point a 3lutz actually is.
    Yeah, but they always call to review the edge, I don't think they don't hand out the downgrade on sight. The casual viewers will just see the TES dropping after the fact.

That's what I'm wondering.As far as difficult entrance, maybe things like turning 3's into a back camel counts? It's so weird, lol.
    AS far as I understand from a TS, the threes into back camel is NOT a difficult entry. They may decide to include that as a difficult entry because there would be nothing that fits that description other than various methods of fly.

Quote Originally Posted by gkelly View Post
    I don't know what they have in mind as "difficult change of position."
    Maybe they are including using an illusion (a single one) in the spin as a transition between positions as a difficult change of position...

They've now taken away the ONE thing I can do consistently with back entry. :(

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast