ISU Communication 1861: Updated Rules for Singles and Pairs Skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

ISU Communication 1861: Updated Rules for Singles and Pairs Skating

mskater93

Record Breaker
The comment above that a back entry or COE back sit spin are not particularly hard is what I meant with regard to "when a lot of people (Juniors and Seniors) are getting credit for it, it seemingly comes off the list of possible features".

When digging through the document we noticed that the three illusions in a row are not specifically called out anymore like it was last season in the list of items that gain features and yet Bielmans are still specifically called out.

In the US, at the Juvenile level, there are special awards for the kids with the highest spin score for each Region. That is levels+GOEs total score and only 2 spins are allowed in Juvenile now here.

I would say yes to the travelling forward outside threes to forward camel, but I'd like to see someone strong enough to do that well enough to get enough power for a solid camel spin! There is a much better snap to be had from the inside three turns to the back camel with the free leg to generate enough power to get it to spin.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
A lot of roller skaters do that going into their camel spin (on a heel at that!), but it's extremely difficult to do forward threes into a camel spin (anyone have any examples?).

FS.Addict

Rinkside
When digging through the document we noticed that the three illusions in a row are not specifically called out anymore like it was last season in the list of items that gain features and yet Bielmans are still specifically called out.

I have to say it was not specifically called out in the list last season :p

In fact, it was written only in the clarifications that three illusions in a row counted for a non-basic position difficult variation (p.9 of the technical panel handbook), but not in the features list (and first point of the list is : Difficult variations (count as many times as performed with limitations specified below)).

Also, from what i understand, isn't it doing a Biellmann directly after a layback spin, that is called out in the last point of the features list ? Or is it because the difficult variation itself MUST be after a layback spin ?

mskater93

Record Breaker
It may have been on the tech panel handbook last year and not on comm 17whatever the heck it was, we just recall it being pointed out specifically last season and it's not currently.

gkelly

Record Breaker
Also, from what i understand, isn't it doing a Biellmann directly after a layback spin, that is called out in the last point of the features list ? Or is it because the difficult variation itself MUST be after a layback spin ?

It must be after a layback spin in the short program required layback. It's still a difficult upright variation if performed on its own or in a combination spin without a layback preceding.