Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Dick Button and Janet Lynn provide 1-2 punch for Delegates to this week's USFS GC

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    It's the same with almost everybody. For Beverly Smith the opinion of Tarasova was the bible when she said Tessa and Scott deserved to win with Carmen, not so when she said Sotnikova deserved to win.
    Yes, that was my point. The home-biased nature of George Rossano is no different from that of Beverly Smith, PJ Kwong, Lynn Rutherford, icenetwork ...

Anyway, to get back to the topic of the thread ... the point of Rossano's article is not so much D&W versus V&M (an ever-fascinating topic to be sure), but rather that in the campaign for USFSA president, there seems to be no discussion one way or another of the qualifications of the presumed front-runner, Sam Auxier (who?). The whole debate is apparently centered around whether a Pfenning presidency would diminish the clout of the USFSA within the ISU (what clout?)

U.S. skating icons Dick Button and Janet Lynn wax poetic about the good old days; Rossano seems sympathetic to their views. We will soon find out.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    there seems to be no discussion one way or another of the qualifications of the presumed front-runner, Sam Auxier (who?).
    I would tell Rossano: Let me introduce you to Sam Auxier. The next president of The USFSA, that's who.

the point of Rossano's article is not so much D&W versus V&M (an ever-fascinating topic to be sure),
    Well, the point of Matt K was not about D&W vs V&M either, but rather the credibility of the writer (s) in this case.
    I feel like Matt K advocate.

By the way, here are the qualifications and mission statements of the USFSA candidates. (Auxier is listed first, Scroll down for Pfenning).

http://www.usfigureskating.org/conte...0and%20SOP.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    By the way, here are the qualifications and mission statements of the USFSA candidates. (Auxier is listed first, Scroll down for Pfenning).

http://www.usfigureskating.org/conte...0and%20SOP.pdf

If I'm not mistaken Deloitte & Touche was, and still is, a sponsor of USA Olympic Committee?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
    Dr. George Rossano is a U.S. figure skating enthusiast and fan, an armchair fan, who writes for Ice Skating International. He is a Californian mathematician and physicist/statistician who likes to pick and prod at numbers in judging protocol documents. He is no different than a GoldenSkate forum fan.

Here is one of his lovely articles crowning D/W gold medalists even before they skated their individual FD in Sochi.
    http://www.iceskatingintnl.com/archi...0OWG%20DSD.htm

Oh, I am sure they reached consensus about the outcome of the event, Dr. Rossano. But that's okay, though, since they skate for the U.S. of A, so hush hush, case closed. But as for Sotnikova, she was overscored in PCS and Kim underscored in PCS, so he needs to write about that in his Ladies recap. Neither of these ladies are from the U.S.

Getting back to the topic of discussion of this thread: Janet Lynn's "essay" was just migraine inducing and painful. The ambiguous reasoning behind some of the "points" made, and the terrible organization/structure of her particular essay made it hard to follow and overall was just bad. That was a terrible, terrible read of an essay. Also, I am not sure if her bold function on her computer was working properly when she was typing, but it was so inconsistent throughout her essay I did not know whether or not she was trying to start a new idea or thought. It really disrupts the train of thought. I doubt the USFS candidates are even taking that piece seriously, to be honest.
    Dr. Rossano is also a national figure skating judge for singles skating and a data operator at national competitions and is President of one of the Southern California skating clubs.

Tripping on the Podium
    Sam Auxier was elected President of USFS.

"With the conclusion of Governing Council, we say goodbye to Patricia St. Peter as president and welcome Samuel Auxier as the 31st President of U.S. Figure Skating."

Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by LyraAngelica View Post
    Sam Auxier was elected President of USFS.

"With the conclusion of Governing Council, we say goodbye to Patricia St. Peter as president and welcome Samuel Auxier as the 31st President of U.S. Figure Skating."
    Boring!

As I said above, it was obvious.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3