Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The 2014 Kentucky Derby

Congratulations to California Chrome for his win!

^ Yes! Good luck to CA Chrome in the Preakness, too. All the best to all the horses & their jockeys today!

May the racing gods give us a chance for a Triple Crown and may all come home sade and sound. BTW, iluvtodd, Revolutionary won the Pimlico Special yesterda! Last year he was 3rd in the Derby.

And Ben's Cat won the Jim McKay Sprint! He is now 39 (26-4-3) $1,967,990

Ben's pic:

[url]http://www.breederscup.com/sites/default/files/styles/hall-bg-frame/public/horses/BensCat.jpg?itok=VQJU2epT[/url]

Nice! We did get to play back about 15 minutes of the coverage leading up to the race. We will have to catch up on the TV coverage of the Derby & Preakness a little later this week. Congrats to CA Chrome!!!

I was surprised that there were only about 10 horses in the Preakness. Are the trainers resting/saving some of the Derby horses for the Belmont?

Yes, some of them are being saved for the Belmont. Wicked Strong will be back. I was so excited yesterday! I didn't put money on any horses at my party until they all convinced me to do so. And I decided to only put money on California Chrome.

Could he be The One? It's been too damn long since we have had a Triple Crown--Affirmed in 1978. Please racing gods let it happen.

[url]http://www.aol.com/article/2014/05/17/california-chrome-wins-preakness/20887679/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl1|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D477800[/url]

I hope CA Chrome will be able to compete @ the Belmont. There's seems to be some controversy over a nasal strip.

Custom Title
    I watched the news footage (on YouTube) of Secretariat running the Belmont. I thought maybe it would bring us all good luck and another Triple Crown winner. Man, that run of Secretariat's gives me gooseflesh every time I see it.

Well, apparently the controversy re: the nasal strip has been settled. CA Chrome will be allowed to compete with it @ the Belmont!

Good. It's not like it's medication.

Olympia--I also get chills watching that video. I was luck to visit Claiborne Farm and go into his old stall, then occupied by Easy Goer. Just standing there reading the nameplates of all the other stallions who had occupied that stall gave me goosebumps.

The Belmont is today! Hope we have a Triple Crown winner with CA Chrome! Good luck to all the horses & the jockey for a safe race with no injuries!

Wow, what a rant by the owner. Talk about a sore loser!

^ I agree. I think he was tactless. However, perhaps the 3 races should be spaced out (a month apart) so that all of the horses are more rested for the entire series.

The 11 other Triple Crown winners didn't need it spaced further apart. Perhaps breeding more stamina would be an order, and working them at 2 mile fast gallops and not 2 mile slow gallops for a race that is 1 1/2 miles.

Apparently Steve Coburn apologized for his remarks (don't have the link with me). I'm glad he did.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iluvtodd View Post
    Apparently Steve Coburn apologized for his remarks (don't have the link with me). I'm glad he did.
    I think he was so let down that CC didn't win as was I. In some way, I kind of feel the same way. I wonder what would have happened had the other horses run the same races. The only thing I wished he would have worded his rant differently then he wouldn't have been such a sore loser but he did what he felt....and ....I felt for him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast