The 2014 Kentucky Derby | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The 2014 Kentucky Derby

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope CA Chrome will be able to compete @ the Belmont. There's seems to be some controversy over a nasal strip.

I watched the news footage (on YouTube) of Secretariat running the Belmont. I thought maybe it would bring us all good luck and another Triple Crown winner. Man, that run of Secretariat's gives me gooseflesh every time I see it.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, apparently the controversy re: the nasal strip has been settled. CA Chrome will be allowed to compete with it @ the Belmont!

Johar

Medalist
Good. It's not like it's medication.

Olympia--I also get chills watching that video. I was luck to visit Claiborne Farm and go into his old stall, then occupied by Easy Goer. Just standing there reading the nameplates of all the other stallions who had occupied that stall gave me goosebumps.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Belmont is today! Hope we have a Triple Crown winner with CA Chrome! Good luck to all the horses & the jockey for a safe race with no injuries!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^ I agree. I think he was tactless. However, perhaps the 3 races should be spaced out (a month apart) so that all of the horses are more rested for the entire series.

Johar

Medalist
The 11 other Triple Crown winners didn't need it spaced further apart. Perhaps breeding more stamina would be an order, and working them at 2 mile fast gallops and not 2 mile slow gallops for a race that is 1 1/2 miles.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apparently Steve Coburn apologized for his remarks (don't have the link with me). I'm glad he did.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Apparently Steve Coburn apologized for his remarks (don't have the link with me). I'm glad he did.

I think he was so let down that CC didn't win as was I. In some way, I kind of feel the same way. I wonder what would have happened had the other horses run the same races. The only thing I wished he would have worded his rant differently then he wouldn't have been such a sore loser but he did what he felt....and ....I felt for him.