Trophee Eric Bompard 2014 - venue is not Paris Bercy again? | Golden Skate

Trophee Eric Bompard 2014 - venue is not Paris Bercy again?

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I saw that tickets are already on sale for Skate Canada, and Skate America tickets available next week.

So I started looking at grand prix events "a little closer to home", and in the course of trying to find any news of Trophee Eric Bompard, I noticed that "Calogero" are scheduled to play at Bercy Arena (Palais omnisports de Paris-Bercy) on Saturday 22 November 2014. Tickets are already on sale.

This is the same weekend as Trophee Eric Bompard, 21-23 Nov 2014. (NB. the original dates for TEB and Rostelecom were swapped at some point, I don't know when)

So, does anyone know where TEB going to be held this year, if it's not Paris/Bercy again...?!
Nice perhaps, where they held 2012 World's?

Willemijn

Rinkside
Worlds 2012 were in Nice. But TEB was always in Paris. Would be revolutionary if it is not...

LRK

Record Breaker
My first (frivolous, I admit) thought on reading the headline was: No pigeons, then?

cynthia24

On the Ice
Strange thing!!
Hope they will announce it as soon as possible! I went there for the last 10 years so it was a tradition and a have a lot of very good memories there!!
Sad not to go to Paris.....

mysticice

Rinkside
In the ISU page the city is TBA, so I quess TEB could be anywhere in France. I vote for Nice!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
My first (frivolous, I admit) thought on reading the headline was: No pigeons, then?
LOL. But who knows? Even at a different venue, there could still be pigeons distracting skaters (or other large flying objects, just ask Patrick Chan). And causing frozen poop hazards on the ice.

Hope they will announce it as soon as possible! I went there for the last 10 years so it was a tradition and a have a lot of very good memories there!!
Sad not to go to Paris.....
Unless there is another venue in Paris that could host it? I don't know Paris so well.

In the ISU page the city is TBA, so I quess TEB could be anywhere in France. I vote for Nice!
I selfishly hope not, to be honest - Nice is about the furthest place from me, that's still in France..!

skatedreamer

Medalist
Country
United-States
Frozen Poop Hazards!! Ummm..:rofl::laugh::rofl:

Umm....so would we call that a Poopsicle? :biggrin::slink: As a practical matter, if forced to choose, I'd say frozen poop is preferable to the same substance @ a higher temperature...

Please forgive me; it's been a long, boring day and it ain't over yet!

breathesgelatin

Final Flight
TEB has been held outside Paris, but the last time that happened it was 1995. And it's only been outside Paris 3 times.

I'd heard the event would likely be moved a month or two ago on another forum I hang out, one that focuses on sports events/bids. The reason given was that Bercy is undergoing renovations...

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
The skaters will be disappointed. :cry:

Most of them love the GP of France because it's in Paris. Some try to pick it as their GP event whenever they can (eg. Virtue/Moir).

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
That's the only Grand Prix event that me & my family can get to, so I hope it stays in Paris.
It would be strange if moved. Both the TEB & Lalique Trophy have been there. One of my most favourite memories was watching Michelle Kwan's free skate at the 1996 Lalique event. She was also sitting a few seats next to us for the Ice Dance free. My brother watched her more than the skating !.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Yes, many skaters cite Paris as their favourite Grand Prix event and hope to be named to it every year. I think Tessa Virtue said it's her favourite city in the world (during an episode of Tessa&Scott, I believe).

Trewyn

Medalist
I really hope it's going to be somewhere in or near Paris! Paris is so much easier to get to. I'm coincidentally currently in Nice, but it was quite a hassle to get here. Paris is perfect to combine skating with a little arts-y stuff. I went to a different exhibition every day before the competition started. Nice in October is probably really dull.

abfab

Rinkside
bercy arena is in renovation but the TEB will be in this arena they said for a long time but it could be Montpellier in the south (french federation had visited an arena in this city last year...=park and suites arena)
but strange that the singer Calogero has same day !!!!

abfab

Rinkside
it will be bordeaux :(
not really easy to go from my home
don't think will go this year
may be the finale in barcelona :)

anyanka

Record Breaker
Beyonce's going on tour again. She played Bercy before. I wonder if she could extend her summer tour into the fall, book Bercy for the TEB 2014, and perform while skaters compete? I'm imagining "Single Ladies" on ice. Right now. :laugh:

/ kidding ;)