Team USA Envelopes: Who? What? When? | Golden Skate

Team USA Envelopes: Who? What? When?

Tippi1963

Rinkside
Don't know if "The Edge" is the appropriate area to post this question, but does anyone know when USFS makes the envelope selections? I know it is based on a head-spinning amount of criteria, with which I am not all familiar. Anyone have any guesses or insight which skaters will make which envelopes?

makaihime

Final Flight
I can see Gracie and Polina making A and Ashley in B based on this seasons results. And Jason will probably be in A? We'll have to see where they put Max....

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I can see Gracie and Polina making A and Ashley in B based on this seasons results. And Jason will probably be in A? We'll have to see where they put Max....

There are strict criteria on the results from the season. All three girls make the A team, but in different tiers. Max and Jason also both make Team A, but in Tier 2. See http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=350

This post from Sylvia on FSU has the envelope assignments, without removing the split and retired pairs/dance teams

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...14-15-season&p=4226921&viewfull=1#post4226921

Don't know if "The Edge" is the appropriate area to post this question, but does anyone know when USFS makes the envelope selections? I know it is based on a head-spinning amount of criteria, with which I am not all familiar. Anyone have any guesses or insight which skaters will make which envelopes?

There's no need to guess, lol. Just take the criteria on the USFS page and see which skater meets which criteria. If they meet multiple tiers' criteria, they go into the highest one possible.

Duality

On the Ice
I have seen the discussion about it on fsuniverse.

Here's the criteria http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=350

The unofficial compilation made by user Sylvia from this forum based on this criteria:

Based on my application of the criteria linked from post #1...

TEAM A - TIER 1
Abbott, Gold; Castelli/Shnapir; Davis/White, Chock/Bates.

TEAM A - TIER 2
Brown, Aaron;
Edmunds, Wagner;
Shibutani/Shibutani, Hubbell/Donohue.

TEAM B - TIER 1
Farris;
Nagasu;
Zhang/Bartholomay, Denney/Coughlin, Scimeca/Knierim, Kayne/O'Shea;
Aldridge/Eaton.

TEAM B - TIER 2
Dornbush, Rippon;
Cesario, Hicks;
Denney/Frazier, Donlan/Speroff;
Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt, Cannuscio/McManus, Hawayek/Baker.

TEAM C - TIER 1
Razzano, Miner, N. Chen;
Long, Glenn, K. Chen;
Leng/LeDuc, Aaron/Settlage;
McNamara/Carpenter.

TEAM C - TIER 2
Carriere, Moeller, Ma, Omori;
Gao, Cain, Bell, Baga, Wang, Pierce, Shin;
Calalang/Sidhu, Liu/Perini, Pearce/Pacini, Budd/Cheban (both are listed on icepartnersearch.com), Takai/Johnson;
Olson/Lorello, Parsons/Parsons, Moore/Klaber.

TEAM D - TIER 1
Belmontes, Vrdoljak, Shum;
Tennell, Taylor, Lin;
Middleton/Evans (she is listed on icepartnersearch.com), de la Mora/Wilson, Oltmanns/Santillan;
Pogrebinsky/Gudis, Lewis/Bye.

TEAM D - TIER 1 (USFS site says Tier 1, not 2)
Borromeo, Sjoberg, West;
Le, Rydberg, Peng;
Setoyama/Botero, Gillett/Fernandez, Lee/Hennings;
Becker/Becker, Gropman/Somerville, Feng/Ponomarenko.

This UNOFFICIAL compilation does not include retirements and/or splits that are not yet official or publicly announced.

noskates

Record Breaker
Hmmmm - if this is right it would mean that Jeremy Abbott isn't retiring? Hadn't heard that. Also that Denney and Coughlin are coming back and that makes me very, very, VERY happy!!! I believe wholeheartedly that a clean Denney and Coughlin will best a clean Castelli and Schnapir every time. They're just so much more innovative and exciting. I would rather see Josh Farris in Tier 2 than Max, however. I think he has a better chance of scoring points as he is a more well-rounded skater. However, I understand the criteria.

flutzy13

On the Ice
Hmmmm - if this is right it would mean that Jeremy Abbott isn't retiring? Hadn't heard that. Also that Denney and Coughlin are coming back and that makes me very, very, VERY happy!!! I believe wholeheartedly that a clean Denney and Coughlin will best a clean Castelli and Schnapir every time. They're just so much more innovative and exciting. I would rather see Josh Farris in Tier 2 than Max, however. I think he has a better chance of scoring points as he is a more well-rounded skater. However, I understand the criteria.

This is not a list of who is coming back. USFS listed the criteria and someone on the forum applied it to the skaters based on their results.

I love Farris too but Max has earned the better envelope status. Hopefully Josh moves up next year.

I'm the opposite on the pairs. Castelli and Shnapir should have a 1-2 mistake cushion over D/C every time due to their better choreography, programs that have actual, complex transitions and superior lift positions. I think it speaks volumes that they used C/S's choreographer last season. Unfortunately, Denney seems to equate artistry and skating with her mouth wide open. In any event, the strong rumor seems to be that Couglin is retiring and she's searching for a partner.