Irina is pregnant! | Golden Skate

Irina is pregnant!

Excidra2001

On the Ice
It's sure to pop up sometime in the off-season, why not start it now.

Boy do I hate the off-season.;) :D

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
So THAT was the real reason she looked puffy at worlds! The medication story was just a cover-up!!!!:laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Excidra, you mustn't do that.......some of us here are on medication..........:p 42

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Excidra2001 said:
It's sure to pop up sometime in the off-season, why not start it now.:D
I didn't know if you were kidding or not but now I guess I know that you are. When I read it I was just worried if she was pregnant and taking Prednisone would not be a good thing.

Dee

euterpe

Medalist
Apparently low doses of prednisone won't harm the baby.

But that is sobering, considering that Irina has talked for the last 3 years about "borning a baby". I know she wanted to have a child so that her parents would be able to see their grandchild.

Now her mother is seriously ill, on dialysis 3 times a week, and needs a kidney transplant. Irina needs to skate to be able to afford the expenses of her and her mother's medical care. Irina is facing some very serious decisions in the near future.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Her recent history of vasculitits would also make her a higher risk pregnancy (if she were to become pregnant in the near future). I just hope that she has a very good obstetrician in Moscow.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Her body certainly doesn't need the added stress right now. OTOH such a happy occasion would be wonderful for Irina and Mom. Does anyone know how the transplant donor search works in Russia?

Koroleva

On the Ice
Poor Irina. She would be the best mother. I feel so bad for her, she has wanted to have a child for so long. :cry:

Puce

Rinkside
i was all excited for irina. :( i sort of don't think that this thread is funny at all. :confused: