Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69

Thread: Tuktamysheva looking good

  1. #1
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    141

    Tuktamysheva looking good

    Wow, she actually looks really good in pre season! I thought she was going downhill with no hope, but now I think she could have a really good season.
    I really like her Bolero SP, but the costume is hideous and totally not matching the Bolero theme.
    It seems as if she's been trying to hide a bit of an overweight wih some really bad costumes over the past 2-3 seasons - black pantyhose, black costumes, all badly designed. I hope she gets flattering costumes done for her for the actual season - she deserves it and she looks just fine even if she a few spare kilograms.

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    756
    Actually, I think that this costume suits her It does hide her forms. I think she does it to feel confident. All the stuff that she received on social networks and internet (that she reads) - that's hideous. So if she feels better this way - why not? As for me, she looks elegant

  3. #3
    Custom Title ordinary person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    Wow, she actually looks really good in pre season! I thought she was going downhill with no hope, but now I think she could have a really good season.
    I really like her Bolero SP, but the costume is hideous and totally not matching the Bolero theme.
    It seems as if she's been trying to hide a bit of an overweight wih some really bad costumes over the past 2-3 seasons - black pantyhose, black costumes, all badly designed. I hope she gets flattering costumes done for her for the actual season - she deserves it and she looks just fine even if she a few spare kilograms.
    When i talk about costumes i usually don't care about the dresses but i just have to agree here.It looks so hideous as though she put a pair of black sloppy table covers on her.I didn't even know she was skating to Bolero which by the way would've looked great with a pair of red or purple tights under the dress

  4. #4
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,463
    I'm definitely not a big fan of the dress but that doesn't matter too much at this point. She appears to be doing better in terms of her jumps, though she does seem to lack control at times. I notice that she turns out on a lot of the landings of her combos; she'll need to clean that up for the GP. She looks strong at this point though, so that's a plus. Hopefully she'll continue to improve and really bring it this season. Liza T has to fight for a position among the top Russians so, like Alena, she'll need to really dig deep and bring her A game.

  5. #5
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,849
    I'm about to shock everyone so get ready: I don't mind the dress now that I've seen her actually skate in it! And GUYS!!! She is NOT wearing black leggings! This is a huge step in the right direction!!!

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,696
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    It seems as if she's been trying to hide a bit of an overweight wih some really bad costumes over the past 2-3 seasons - black pantyhose, black costumes, all badly designed.
    Oh for heaven's sake. Just a few threads down from this one is a thread about a poor girl who has been hospitalized for anorexia because of endless comments about her weight, and Liza STILL attracts brainless, moronic comments like this.

    Liza is FINE. There is NOTHING WRONG with her body or her weight. She is absolutely beautiful, slim and trim. She ALWAYS HAS BEEN.

    I dislike the Bolero dress (and its purple counterpart) but for a different reason - I think it needs an actual skirt of substance. When she gets moving, the skirt has a tendency to bunch around her hips.

  7. #7
    Cheering Wildly from the stands
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    543
    Goooo Liza!
    And I think her weight looks GREAT on her. It's perfect as it is. -And I have decided I like her dress for its originality. It could be a dress like all the other girls, but this is Liza we are talking about, why would she conform to what everyone else is doing?
    At first it shocked me a bit, I didn't know what to make of it, but now I like it.

  8. #8
    Custom Title ordinary person's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I'm about to shock everyone so get ready: I don't mind the dress now that I've seen her actually skate in it! And GUYS!!! She is NOT wearing black leggings! This is a huge step in the right direction!!!
    Sooo showing more skin is a huge step in the right direction, my dear god, you people always make me laugh
    On the shocking part, she hasn't been wearing any leggings in competitions ever since the Finlandia Trophy last year sooo i'm not like too shocked myself.
    I don't think anyone ever wears leggings with dresses in competitions.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,637
    Just caught up on her SP--really great! Yes, some of the jump landings could've been better, but considering her history of bombing the SP, the fact that she skated cleanly is a huge plus.

    I'm neutral on the dress. I don't want any more black from her, but the dress itself isn't hideous. I'm just a bit thrown off by how it looks like a loose version of Carolina's Bolero.

    And Liza isn't overweight. She has more curves than the other Russian girls, but she's fit and capable of skating well, so what's the problem? She looks perfect skating Bolero; despite only being seventeen, she doesn't look like a little girl trying to play an adult part.

  10. #10
    Custom Title chapis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    México
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    Goooo Liza!
    And I think her weight looks GREAT on her. It's perfect as it is. -And I have decided I like her dress for its originality. It could be a dress like all the other girls, but this is Liza we are talking about, why would she conform to what everyone else is doing?
    At first it shocked me a bit, I didn't know what to make of it, but now I like it.
    This. I love the dress

  11. #11
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,672
    Very nice sp

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    783
    I agree with newbiespectator and chapis on the dress. Original and uniquely Liza.

  13. #13
    Not studying at the moment
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    187
    I honestly like her SP dress! It made her look more mature and confident. It's a major step up when you compare it to some of her past dresses and to some from certain Russian skaters

    Or she could do something else with her hair? I mean the ponytail looks fine but I feel like maybe braiding it to a bun will work better. ORRR she can have a half ponytail and curls?

  14. #14
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    920
    Looking good? I would like to point out that she was beaten by Leonova! That's in my books not looking that great skatingwise. (It may be good for majority countries, but with skating like this she has no chance against Sotnikova, Radionova, Lipnistkaya and Pogorilaya. Doing 3T-3T is not enough in Russia!)

  15. #15
    Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Looking good? I would like to point out that she was beaten by Leonova! That's in my books not looking that great skatingwise. (It may be good for majority countries, but with skating like this she has no chance against Sotnikova, Radionova, Lipnistkaya and Pogorilaya. Doing 3T-3T is not enough in Russia!)
    She is still having back problem, 3T-3T is already a risk to her.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •