Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Splits, retirements, and new teams

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Aliona won the Off-season gold medal of scandal award, in my book no one can tops her level yet, except Tonya Harding and Nancy in their prime.
    The silver should go to I/K split.
    Who might get the bronze?

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Aliona won the Off-season gold medal scandal award, in my book no one can tops her level yet, except Tonya Harding and Nancy in their prime.
    The silver should go to I/K split.
    Who might get the bronze?
    So true. So many candidates to choose from for Bronze.

Well, I quite like "Plans for next season? What plans? You're on your own!" Larionov.

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    So true. So many candidates to choose from for Bronze.
    Hunger game for the bronze! Who would know that this Off-season scandal award would be that fun to watch.

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    I'm thinking the Berton/Hotarek/Marchei issue for bronze...

So agnes is either retired or taking a break this year...I have been seeing on facebook she's currently doing shows on royal caribbean. I've looked everywhere for news and can't find anything. Whatever her decision I wish her the best.

Quote Originally Posted by macy View Post
    So agnes is either retired or taking a break this year...I have been seeing on facebook she's currently doing shows on royal caribbean. I've looked everywhere for news and can't find anything. Whatever her decision I wish her the best.
    Here you go: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/...2014-15-season

Custom Title
    I hear a lot of skaters enjoy these shows though it is a rough life - out of suitcase. Chris Mabee and Vaughn chipeur enjoy it but I am not sure how financially rewarding it is.

Columnist
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I hear a lot of skaters enjoy these shows though it is a rough life - out of suitcase. Chris Mabee and Vaughn chipeur enjoy it but I am not sure how financially rewarding it is.
    I cant speak about how rewarding it is or how fun for a skater but since I have been living out of my suitcase for many years I have to say its not that bad as it seems. You will miss family and friends but you also meet so many new people that you seldom have time to really think about all of that.

That said, sometimes in the hotel room it can be weird so that I at least always ended up walking the streets or checking out some pubs here and there to not have that feeling of being alone.

Custom Title
    I understand that its a rough life but certainly not out of a suitcase! Instead you are on a ship for months at a time.
    Ihave seen a Vaughan Chipeur, Joey russell and a few others on royal caribbean ships. They usually perform about 4-6 shows per week. 2 a day when they do perform. It amazing how they can manage to do jumps in such a small rink.

They become non resident so I understand that income is tax free and of course there is free board and lodging.

Custom Title
    Not to stereotype but it is fun but you don't have a huge future in it especially if you have a family. I see Vaughan Chipeur and he goes through girfriends so it is nice for a while but eventually time and life gets caught up. You get to travel, have time off to explore. But you don't necessarily save a lot of money I hear. And yes, you live at a place for a month or so but it is not much time to buy Ikea furniture and hang a photo or two

Custom Title
    I really don't mean to be overly negative, but working cruise ships might be Agnes' chance to regain some of the money spent on her lackluster career. I don't see her ever competing with the top girls in the future. She had a few lucky bright moments but that's about it! She works very hard and is very committed but the talent just isn't there in my opinion. If she can make a living skating otherwise - good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    jeez i'm out of the loop! i have been waayyy too busy...welp, i hope she's having fun. she's been doing shows with a girl i used to compete against so i've been seeing pictures circulating. it looks like a lot of fun. if i didn't get out of skating so early and it would have crossed my mind at some point i probably would have done it, i love cruising! going on one in may

Custom Title
    Not to stereotype but it is fun but you don't have a huge future in it especially if you have a family. I see Vaughan Chipeur and he goes through girfriends so it is nice for a while but eventually time and life gets caught up. You get to travel, have time off to explore. But you don't necessarily save a lot of money I hear. And yes, you live at a place for a month or so but it is not much time to buy Ikea furniture and hang a photo or two

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12