Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15 | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15

lcd

Match Penalty
Min/Koleto -- ice dancers for Korea -- have split, per @Timkoleto's tweets today.

I am so sad to inform you all that Yura and I are no longer skating together. I wish her the best as she moves forward in a different direction. I plan to continue ice dance and search for a new partner under the tutelage of Igor Shpilband and my coaching team here in Michigan, who have supported us throughout the last 18 months. I want to extend my gratitude and sorrow to all our fans and friends. And I want to thank the Korean people for being so thoughtful, encouraging and supportive. I will continue to do my best and to follow my dream. The path may have changed, but the destination is still the same.

How sad for them. I wonder if it had to do with some insight into the decision about whether they would eligible to represent Korea at the 2018 Olympics (citizenship). Good luck to them both.

Nirti

Medalist
It seems that the japanese pair Sumire Suto/Konstantin Chizhikov have split too, as he's back on IcePartnerSearch.

TarAncalime

On the Ice
Great list,

For Germany ;)

They spoke with the Deu (German federation) on Sunday and Bruno signed a contract so that they will now start for Germany. Bruno will take over the German citizenship and they said they will practice at Chemnitz.

I want to point out however that this was the situation before the split from Ingo Steuer, so I am currently unsure if anything has maybe changed now.

Ill keep you posted.

Aljona and Bruno are also with Alexander König in Oberstdorf officially now (It was on their FB page). The paper Freie Presse reports that Aljona will get funds from 2015 on as well and is likely to leave CEC (Chemnitzer Eislaufclub) for ECO (Eislaufclub Oberstdorf). Furthermore, pair skaters Maylin & Daniel Wende also start working as coaches in Oberstdorf as Dany had to stop competing due to his back problems. They will work with Ilhan Mansiz & Olga Bestandigova (TUR) who want to compete for European Championship for the last time before turning pro.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker

LRK

Record Breaker
That is so sad! I was wishing she would come back - I really liked her.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Aljona and Bruno are also with Alexander König in Oberstdorf officially now (It was on their FB page). The paper Freie Presse reports that Aljona will get funds from 2015 on as well and is likely to leave CEC (Chemnitzer Eislaufclub) for ECO (Eislaufclub Oberstdorf). Furthermore, pair skaters Maylin & Daniel Wende also start working as coaches in Oberstdorf as Dany had to stop competing due to his back problems. They will work with Ilhan Mansiz & Olga Bestandigova (TUR) who want to compete for European Championship for the last time before turning pro.

Huh? Turning pro? Who is going to hire them? I guess there are those cruiseship and supporting roles but I rather doubt they would be lead skaters.