Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Zahorski/Guerreiro should skate for Australia, then they would be guaranteed a berth for 4CC/Worlds.
    If they skate for France, they have guaranteed spot at Europeans and worlds, because France doesn't have that many senior teams at the moment, with P/B retired and C/J split.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    If they skate for France, they have guaranteed spot at Europeans and worlds, because France doesn't have that many senior teams at the moment, with P/B retired and C/J split.
    Not guaranteed, they would need minimum technical scores.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattieu View Post
    Not guaranteed, they would need minimum technical scores.
    Sure, but they would have to have that even if they skated for Australia as the previous poster suggested.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Speroff and Donlan discuss their respective plans for the future.

Sounds like an amicable decision to go their separate ways. Excerpts:

Former pairs partners Gretchen Donlan and Andrew Speroff are both heading to Florida -- for completely different reasons. Speroff and his girlfriend, former U.S. junior pair medalist Kylie Duarte, will be skating together as a pair on the Royal Caribbean cruise ship, Freedom of the Seas, starting in September.

"I couldn't be more excited about this big change in my life, skating in shows and traveling to these beautiful parts of the world," Speroff added. "It's something I've been thinking about and wanting to do for a long time now. It wasn't easy coming to this decision. ... I'm still very open to the possibility of competing in the future..."

Duarte mentioned that she and Speroff had filed paperwork to keep their eligibility, in case they want to compete at some point.

Meanwhile, Donlan and Nathan Bartholomay are now training together in Florida, with coach Jim Peterson.
    "Though I truly cherished our partnership together, I couldn't be more thrilled for the new and exciting life chapters Andrew and I are about to embark upon!" Donlan texted us. "Now, having found not just one but TWO Prince Charmings, I feel luckier than a Disney princess! I am incredibly excited to train with Nate and extremely grateful for the opportunity to join Mr. Peterson's training camp."

a cat watching figure skating alebi's Avatar
    Alessandrini-Souquet will dance for France. But honestly I don't know who Souquet is

Pierre Souquet is a french ice-dancer that used to skate with Peroline Ojardias. Together they won the bronze medal at junior french nationals in 2013.

Custom Title
    Does anyone have an update on Rockne Brubaker?

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cornell08 View Post
    Does anyone have an update on Rockne Brubaker?
    He's working at Fox Valley Ice Arena in Illinois, and says he's unsure about his international future.
    http://kcchronicle.com/2014/07/22/fo...ating/ah3leo1/

Custom Title
    Thanks, Fleeting!

@KharisRalph is making me verklempt :
    Last skate with @AsherHill tonight...
    。・°°・(>_<)・°°・。
    1:40 PM - 7 Aug 2014
    https://twitter.com/KharisRalph/stat...82426923622400

ETA, ohhhhh, @KharisRalph is making me even more verklempt :
    Going to miss holding your hand #13Years
    6:29 PM - 7 Aug 2014
    https://twitter.com/KharisRalph/stat...55044099981312

ETA, @AsherHill's turn to make me verklempt :
    Tonight I had my last skate with the amazing @KharisRalph Thank you for all these great years and thank you to everyone who supported us!
    7:15 PM - 7 Aug 2014
    https://twitter.com/AsherHill/status/497566838843514880

Re Moore-Towers/Marinaro:

For those curious to see any glimpse of them in action together, they performed an off-ice lift as they took on the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK2IaPkAFIY (42 seconds, posted Aug 12 by Skate Today Videos)

The cute thing is that apparently Marinaro (only as an individual) received the challenge, but M-T is such a nice partner (if she did say so herself ) that she joined him. And to my eyes, she took the brunt of the shower of ice water.

(The M-T/Marinaro thread has been archived, and it did not seem worth starting a new one just for this video.)

Custom Title
    New Pair: Danielle Montalbano and Konrad Hocker-Scholler. They are training in Oberstdorf with Alexander Koenig.

Columnist
    Great list,
    Aliona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT (for Germany? France?)
    For Germany

They spoke with the Deu (German federation) on Sunday and Bruno signed a contract so that they will now start for Germany. Bruno will take over the German citizenship and they said they will practice at Chemnitz.

I want to point out however that this was the situation before the split from Ingo Steuer, so I am currently unsure if anything has maybe changed now.

Ill keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
    Great list,

For Germany

They spoke with the Deu (German federation) on Sunday and Bruno signed a contract so that they will now start for Germany. Bruno will take over the German citizenship and they said they will practice at Chemnitz.

I want to point out however that this was the situation before the split from Ingo Steuer, so I am currently unsure if anything has maybe changed now.

Ill keep you posted.
    Did France release Bruno, do you know? I remember there was talk of them not doing so - but maybe they've done so since and I've missed it?

As ever, thanks Alex.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    Did France release Bruno, do you know? I remember there was talk of them not doing so - but maybe they've done so since and I've missed it?

As ever, thanks Alex.
    Of course they haven't release him yet. They would be very generous if they did (and they are not).

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast