Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Splits, retirements, and new teams 2014-15

Quote Originally Posted by paircheck View Post
    the german ice dance couple

Tanja Kolbe/Stefano Caruso SPLIT

they had truobles where their wanna Train in Berlin or Milano

sad for Germany!
    Oh no. At least they still have Nelli and Alexander for a short time anyway (I haven't heard about any retirement plans, but he's getting up there in age).

go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by paircheck View Post
    the german ice dance couple

Tanja Kolbe/Stefano Caruso SPLIT

they had truobles where their wanna Train in Berlin or Milano

sad for Germany!
    Aw, sorry to hear that. I thought they were quite promising when I saw them the last season.

Custom Title
    Posted on Absolute Skating:
    For Danielle Montalbano the road has been rocky, as you could read in our interview last season: http://www.absoluteskating.com/inter...ontalbano.html
    But there is good news! She has found a new partner in Daniel Raad! They will be coached by Lyndon Johnston and Jim Peterson, with Galit Chait remaining on the coaching team as well.

Link to post: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=748756708508403

Banned

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramahkween View Post
    Posted on Absolute Skating:
    For Danielle Montalbano the road has been rocky, as you could read in our interview last season: http://www.absoluteskating.com/inter...ontalbano.html
    But there is good news! She has found a new partner in Daniel Raad! They will be coached by Lyndon Johnston and Jim Peterson, with Galit Chait remaining on the coaching team as well.

Link to post: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=748756708508403
    Great News! Keep us posted ! I think this will be a great pairing!!

Custom Title
    Sofia BIRYUKOVA now is pair skater with partner Alexander Stepanov (also formerly single skater).
    They pactice in Nina Mozer's group.

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20140606/750572760.html (Russian)

Biryukova was really good at season 2011/2012, but at the end of season had injury and after that has not really high results (she was 17th and 12th at RusNats). At 2013/2014 she looked some better, won Winter Universiade. But because of very high level of new leaders of Team Russia in female skating she hardly could be in Russian top. So she went to pair skating.
    Nina Mozer told that she wanted Biryukova to pair skating 6 years ago.

Custom Title
    But considering the number of potentially decent pairs in Russia, she won't have there any better chance than she would have in ladies. I ladies she at least could qualify to the nationals. In pairs only 12 pairs qualify and she would be lucky if she will be among them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    But considering the number of potentially decent pairs in Russia, she won't have there any better chance than she would have in ladies. I ladies she at least could qualify to the nationals. In pairs only 12 pairs qualify and she would be lucky if she will be among them.
    Katarina Gerboldt was 21 when she went to pair skating, Biryukova is 19.
    Gerboldt in pair with Enbert were 4th at Russian Nationals (twice), had GP Events and Euro.

Biryukova has a chance in pairs. Of course, no warranty, but chance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Katarina Gerboldt was 21 when she went to pair skating, Biryukova is 19.
    Gerboldt in pair with Enbert were 4th at Russian Nationals (twice), had GP Events and Euro.

Biryukova has a chance in pairs. Of course, no warranty, but chance.
    I don't think this is about age. It is about the level of competition at any given time. Gerboldt-Enbert were lucky that at that time there were not so many pairs in Russia. Whereas now, there are quite a few that have a huge advantage over pair Biriukova (complete beginner in pairs) paired up with any unknown partner.

Let's count it:
    Tatiana Volosozhar / Maxim Trankov
    Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov
    Julia Antipova / Nodari Maisuradze
    Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov
    Evgenia Tarasova/Vladimir Morozov
    Maria Vygalova/Egor Zakroev
    Lina Fedorova/Maxim Miroshkin
    Vera Bazarova / Andrey Deputat
    Vasilisa Davankova/ Aleksander Enbert
    Kristina Astakhova/ Alexei Rogonov
    Natalia Zabijako /Yuri Larionov
    Arina Chernivskaya/Antonio Souza-Kordyeru

That's 12 pairs already and all of them have much bigger chance to get to nationals than someone who has never done pairs and partner we have never heard of. If you think she has a chance in pairs to even get to the nationals, please tell me who do you think from those above she would beat?

And then there is more:
    Anastasia Martiusheva/Alexander Korovin
    Angelina Jekaterinina/Ivan Bich
    Kamila Gainetdinova - Sergey Alekseev
    Daria Popova/Andrei Novoselov
    Ekaterina Borisova / Sergey Lisev
    Anastasia Gubanova - Alexei Sintsov

I would say those have also advantage over Biriukova/Stepanov because they have competed in pairs and at least one partner is experienced.

Sofia Biriukova/Alexander Stepanov will be very likely one of the crowd trying to get there but not quite making it. The same as she would be now in singles.

Custom Title
    ^Maybe you are right.

But what we see - Sofia Biryukova solved that she has a chance in pairs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    ^Maybe you are right.

But what we see - Sofia Biryukova solved that she has a chance in pairs.
    I am pretty sure I am right! I mean, let's use common sense, who from the first twelve I named above she has chance beating? I would feel much more optimistic if she paired with someone who competed at reasonably high level, let's say Rogonov. But as a complete beginner to pairs, paired with a partner who is either also beginner or was not good enough to qualify to even nationals, and them together competing against pairs that either have been together for a while and successfully competing together (no matter if at junior or senior level), or against pairs that are newly created but at least one of them was pretty decent and both of them were good enough to qualify for senior nationals - she really doesn't have a chance. She would have a chance if Russia changed their rules and had 18 pairs compete at the nationals. But with 12 pairs competing and her not even qualifying to the nationals, she will disappear somewhere without us seeing her any more (except maybe at Russian internal competitions Russian cups).

Custom Title
    And then there is more:
    Anastasia Martiusheva/Alexander Korovin
    Angelina Jekaterinina/Ivan Bich
    Kamila Gainetdinova - Sergey Alekseev
    Daria Popova/Andrei Novoselov
    Ekaterina Borisova / Sergey Lisev
    Anastasia Gubanova - Alexei Sintsov
    Has the partnership of Popova been already confirmed?

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    New pair:
    Britney Simpson / Matthew Penasse
    As indicated in his tweet of Jun 20 (retweeted by @SarahandDrew):

Meanwhile, in other "news" , seems that Mary Beth Marley just tweeted about visiting Colorado Springs at the moment. Inquiring minds ...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLotte29 View Post
    Has the partnership of Popova been already confirmed?
    I don't think that officially it has been confirmed. I read about it on the Russian forum a while ago.

Custom Title
    I don't think that officially it has been confirmed. I read about it on the Russian forum a while ago.
    Yeah, me too. I hope it wille be true. However, I've once read about her alleged partnership with some Ukrainian skater. I don't think it's a good idea - mainly because of this whole Ukraine-Russia conflict which may affects their results. And I don't think Daria Popova needs anymore "sensations".
    Andrei Novoselov trains in Nina Mozer's school. It would be quite bizarre if they stayed there, I think. You know what I mean - Bruno in Steuer's school, Daria in Mozer's?

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast