Thread: Montenegro trying to pull a Plushenko in the Eurovision next week

Custom Title

Montenegro trying to pull a Plushenko in the Eurovision next week

Anyone identifying the skater up on stage in rehearsal with the band ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YekOK81C99Y

Montenegro is not predicted to do well though, Making it to the finals is iffy

Custom Title
    Fairly heartfelt singing, and I suspect the song could grow on me.

As a performance though, it's kinda... disjointed. The singer seems off in his own little world and the ice skater looks ignored.

Still, hopefully they'll make it to the finals. More exposure for figure skating is always good.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

The reactions:

Waifu Engineer ‏@kurietachan 9h

If I was King of Eurovision, I would require Russia to only send Dima Bilan with Plushenko and T.a.T.u. #ESC2014

Fairy Pingu ‏@Fairy_Pingu 9h

The Plushenko effect #Eurovision

Miri ‏@MiriLaRoja 9h

Remember when Yevgeny Plushenko won the ESC

Daisy ‏@poppykicker 9h

YOU CAN'T DO ICE SKATING AT EUROVISION BECAUSE RUSSIA HAD PLUSHENKO THAT ONE TIME AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO TOP THAT #esc2014

Waifu Engineer ‏@kurietachan 9h

Sorry Montenegro, but Russia sent an ice skater first on 2007 and it happened to be Olympic medallist Evgeni Plushenko. #ESC2014

Liv ✌ ‏@dodgyoj 9h

Fun Fact: The last skater on Eurovision was for Russia's Dima Bilan back in 2008 - Evgeni Plushenko world champion ice skater

Statue ‏@SaskiaOfLiberty 9h

Oh, there's a skating girl. Stolen idea but I like it. #Plushenko #ESC2014

Debbie M ‏@heavenstobetsie 9h

That skater is no Plushenko #eurovision #Montenegro

Tempest Devyne ‏@tempestdevyne 9h

Ice skating?! We haven't seen the like since Evgeni Plushenko for Russia in 2008....I think song was Believe. I'll get my #eurovision anorak

Verity Wilde ‏@WildeV 9h

@hesterbrowne And unless the ice skater is Mr Plushenko, what's the point?! #eurovision

Evil Oxana ‏@Okksie 9h

I think we all seen it couple years ago and it's was Russia .

Caiti Mac ‏@caitiadams 9h

Russia won with Evgeni Plushenko ice skating... The ice skating was the best part of the song...@bbceurovision #Eurovision

SJ Summerisle ‏@6_tailed_comet 9h

.@bbceurovision Olympic champion Yevgeny Plushenko skated Russia to victory a few years back #Eurovision #bbc3

Daisy ‏@poppykicker 9h

@Raedances 2008 and they won because OF COURSE, THEY HAD F ******* PLUSHENKO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bawnwSYOCFU

Ksenia ‏@KseniaKlevina 9h

@Eurovision Russia had skating in 2008! And we have won!) we were the first skating on the Eurovision stage) Our Jenyaaa Plushenko !!

This is a fan video from 2008 Beograd ESC victory, backstage, afterparty etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcSGFgbH1KY&t=2m10s this is the most cutest thing what I saw from Plushenko! ... Maybe he drunk a little??? Ari Zakarian kissed him.... he kissed Ari! they were so happy! he seemed more happy than after the winning the Olympic Champion title. He jumped, jumped, jumped and after he was really tired...

Custom Title
    ^Thanks for the Twitter reaction. And the video from the past! Does Dima rip open his shirt every time he performs Believe?

Seems like Montenegro qualified for the finals, for the first time ever. I guess "pulling a Plushenko" worked.

Yana also Tweeted that she was wearing rollerblades, not ice skates...

Yana Rudkovskaya ‏@yanarudkovskaya May 6
    Так у девочки -ролики, а не коньки !))) @Eurovision: Someone's got their skates on! #Eurovision #JoinUs pic.twitter.com/P2hbCHvjl0”

#TeamAUS
    Fyi, montenegro made the final. It was beautiful to listen to and one of the few nations to sing in their native language!

Quote Originally Posted by GF2445 View Post
    Fyi, montenegro made the final. It was beautiful to listen to and one of the few nations to sing in their native language!
    I also like when the singers sing in their native language:

about Montenegro's performance on Eurovision Song Contest:

Arturo ‏@tarcucciolo 16h

I remember Plushenko ACTUALLY ice skating on ACTUAL ICE for Russia... #Eurovision

Brad ‏@Artsybury 16h

She is no Plushenko though #EurovisionSongContest2014

AnnieD1981 ‏@AnnieD1981 17h

Oh roller skater - reminds me of when Evgeny Plushenko "skated" behind the random Russian entry which won!

Miss Karen ‏@korearian 16h

Sorry, Montenegro, but Plushenko did it better. #Eurovision

Dream catch me ‏@dr3amcatchm3 16h

@Wonders_19 and now rollerblades? Bring back plushenko and his ice skating! I wonder what other gems we are to expect later

Nandia ‏@NandiaD 16h

Sorry Montenegro but Russia already sent Plushenko, can't top that! #eurovision

Josieeee ‏@Dolore7 16h

Plushenko is still the only figure skater I want to see at the ESC #Eurovision

Julia ‏@JuliaFernbau 16h

Russia once brought Evgeni Plushenko (ice skating mega-champion) and won the contest. Don't think is going to work this time

Pacific Quim ‏@emotionalpedant 16h

Remember when Plushenko skated w/the 08 Russian entry? That was amazing. *reveals self to be ice skating nerd* *SMOKEBOMB, RUN* #Eurovision

Insomnia Heart ‏@InsomniaHeart 16h

No one beats Plushenko and his ice skating at #Eurovision though

Rou ‏@cherryinvain 16h

Plushenko is one and only, it's not cool to imitate him guys.

The Big Boss Dwarf ‏@Bossdwarf 15h

@Rockjaw @jadavisdc Greatest #Eurovision still Yevgeny Plushenko on a 6 foot rink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bawnwSYOCFU … that is some tiny skating.

Juana de Hardcore ‏@MadoriB 15h

Recordad: En Eurovisión Dima Bilan es dios, Edvin Marton Jesús y Plushenko el Espíritu Santo. Y NO LO SUPERA NI CRISTO

Bored
    I liked the touchscreen floor!

Our commentator said that the floor was actually touch sensitive and that's why the lines drawn by her rollers were visible (but I still prefer the idea about sensors in skates )!

Custom Title
    I don't wanna open a new thread for this, And it's not about skating,

But can anyone please translate this Russian TV moment after the Eurovision result ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4oJJAH6III

Bored
    I don't know why I'm doing this but ok

Quote Originally Posted by Eladola View Post
    I don't wanna open a new thread for this, And it's not about skating,

But can anyone please translate this Russian TV moment after the Eurovision result ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4oJJAH6III
    Dude in black jacket: Let me say, our girls took 7 place, they're very young, they're only 17 and I want to congratulate them and their parents...
    Dude in tan jacket: But it's not 1 place! We have had lots of places... [like place 7].
    Dude in black: But they're just schoolgirls!
    Dude in red jacket: So, is it possible to be with Europe if it is like that? Our flag will rise over Donbass! (and Youtube video comments start to persuade him that he's very wrong about that)

Don't tell anyone that I speak Russian

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna K. View Post
    I don't know why I'm doing this but ok

Dude in black jacket: Let me say, our girls took 7 place, they're very young, they're only 17 and I want to congratulate them and their parents...
    Dude in tan jacket: But it's not 1 place! We have had lots of places... [like place 7].
    Dude in black: But they're just schoolgirls!
    Dude in red jacket: So, is it possible to be with Europe if it is like that? Our flag will rise over Donbass! (and Youtube video comments start to persuade him that he's very wrong about that)

Don't tell anyone that I speak Russian
    Haha thanks