Hotarek/Berton close to splitting | Golden Skate

Hotarek/Berton close to splitting

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
AFAIR, isn't Berton engaged to Brubaker?

Courtesy of bing translator

Pair of Burton-Hotarek close to splitting up

Italian pair Stefania Berton-Sportivnaya Ondrej Hotarek close to splitting up.

The cause of ending the collaboration can be a desire of Hotarek to end his career. According to unofficial information, the skater is going to marry another Italian athlete, ice dancer Anna Cappellini.

24-year-old Burton wants to pursue a career, but she will have to find a partner. She could move to the United States, where her future husband Rockne Brubaker is the General Manager of the training center, and a coach and choreographer. It is possible that Burton and Brubaker will perform together, said Neve Italia.

Is Rockne still in Colorado Springs?

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
While I think it might be interesting to see Rockne and Stefanie skate together, she may be too tall for him. Her bio lists her as 5ft 3 and he is 5ft 8 or 9inches.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Why are there now only 5 comments in this thread?

Earlier on today, there was a whole conversation about the changes going on amongst the Italian couples. But now all those comments have disappeared. :confused:

Like, it wasn't as if there was anything derogatory or libellous. We were just having a normal discussion; lamenting the changes, and wondering about the future.

CaroLiza_fan

Alba

Record Breaker
Why are there now only 5 comments in this thread?

Earlier on today, there was a whole conversation about the changes going on amongst the Italian couples. But now all those comments have disappeared. :confused:

Like, it wasn't as if there was anything derogatory or libellous. We were just having a normal discussion; lamenting the changes, and wondering about the future.

CaroLiza_fan

Sorry for that. :)
I asked the admin to remove the thread because I couldn't. The original link I provided was not there anymore, I think they are waiting for official confirmation, so I thought it was better if I had the topic removed.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry for that. :)
I asked the admin to remove the thread because I couldn't. The original link I provided was not there anymore, I think they are waiting for official confirmation, so I thought it was better if I had the topic removed.

I see. Yeah, if the page you linked to disappeared, then there was probably an official request to remove it from the skaters' management.

So, you were probably right to ask the forum to follow suit and remove the thread.

But, as the re-appearance of this topic has shown, once word gets out, even if it was only briefly, it stays out! ;)

Thanks for the explanation

CaroLiza_fan

tulosai

Record Breaker
While I think it might be interesting to see Rockne and Stefanie skate together, she may be too tall for him. Her bio lists her as 5ft 3 and he is 5ft 8 or 9inches.

Yeah she is definitely too tall for him. He at times seemed to struggle to lift Davis who was only 4' 10 and 1/2".

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
And if Rockne is retired, does he have any intention of coming back to skating anyway?

tulosai

Record Breaker
And if Rockne is retired, does he have any intention of coming back to skating anyway?

I will say he hasn't made any official retirement announcement, which may mean he is keeping the door open one tiny half inch. I do think that probably, if some idealistic situation FELL INTO HIS LAP, he might go for it because it is fairly obvious that he did not achieve his greatest skating dream, namely competing in the Olympics. So while I consider him retired, I would be far from shocked if he did announce a comeback.

Alba

Record Breaker
But, as the re-appearance of this topic has shown, once word gets out, even if it was only briefly, it stays out! ;)

That's true. :biggrin:

Anyway, Anna and Luca will continue. Maybe not until 2018 but for a couple of years they are.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Thank goodness for Anna & Luca continuing!! Their Worlds win was a high point of my year.

Alba

Record Breaker
Have they been interviewed in the Italian media since Worlds last month?

I don't know. This is what a FS journalist told me, that they do intend to continue.
In any case Anna and Luca are not related to what happens between Berton and Hotarek. I mean Hotarek marrying Anna will not effect her career.