2014-15 ISU Sanctioned Competitions
Some New Locations/Comps (Senior Only)
-Skate Down Under this year is in Dunedin, New Zealand (Mens and Ladies' only)
-Canada hosts an official Senior B competition (it probably wants to be part of the ISU Challenger Series- The comp is called the Skate Canada Autumn Classic and is opened to all 4 disciplines.
-The tiny nation will host the inaugural Open d'Andorra and is opened to all 4 disciplines.
-The Small Island of Iceland is hosting the Reykjavik International Games and will be hosting a mens and ladies' event as part of the games.
Official ISU Championships
ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Locations
1. Courchevel, France
2. Ljubljana, Lithuania
3. Ostrava, Czech Republic (With Pairs)
4. Nagoya, Japan
5. Tallinn, Estonia
6. Dresden, Germany
7. Zagreb, Croatia
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Locations
1. 2014 Hilton HHonors Skate America in Chicago, Illinois (Sears Centre- MAX Capacity approx. 8,400)
2. 2014 Skate Canada International in Kelowna, British Columbia (Prospera Place- MAX Capacity approx. 5,500)
3. 2014 Lexus Cup of China in Shanghai (Shanghai Oriental Sports Centre- MAX Capacity approx. 18,000)
4. 2014 Rostelecom Cup in Moscow (Small Sports Arena of Luzhniki- MAX Capacity approx. 8,700 OR Ice Palace Megasport- 12,100)
5. 2014 Trophee Eric Bompard in Bordeaux (TBC.)
6. 2014 NHK Trophy in Osaka (Most Likely Osaka Municipal Central Gymnasium 8,200)
7. 2014 ISU Junior & Senior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final in Barcelona, Spain (TBC.)
Also, The World Team Trophy IS on.
Keepin' it real
If you scroll down on the main page, you will see the 2014-15 Figure Skating Competitions and Events forums
Wicked Yankee Girl
The US Senior B is still in Salt Lake and there is no second US Senior B. Still, it's a good thing that there will be one in Canada
I guess its time to move and merge this. thread
Yes. Canada deserves equal treatment.
Originally Posted by dorispulaski
Landing 3As in my dreams!
Sorry, Ljubljana is in Slovenia, not Lithuania; in fact, it's the capital. I did a double take about this b/c my family is from Slovenia!
Originally Posted by GF2445
Skate America's in Chicago? Well, I can already name two of the skaters the US will send, then: Jason and Gracie. They'll pack the joint.
Good! We need good attendance at figure skating events next season. It's important to prevent declining audiences.
Originally Posted by karne
At least, I'd name those two skaters if I was in the USFSA's marketing department. Disclaimer: Grand Prix assignments are June 27.
Originally Posted by Ryan O
But yeah, if they were smart, Jason and Gracie would be shoo-ins for SkAm.