Question about Tarasova | Golden Skate

Question about Tarasova

DivakawaFan

Rinkside
She seems to be an amzing coach (and her team) able to bring out the very best in skaters so I was wondering who else she has coached?? The ones I know of so far:

Shizuka (of course!:p )
Sasha Cohen
Alexei Yagudin
Andrei Griazev
Daisuke Takahashi
Grischuk/Platov ???
Anissina/Peizerat ???

I'm sure there are many more so who else has she coached, how long has she been coaching, has she ever coached pairs, and was she ever a skater?? (That last question seems to make me laugh!! hehe)

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Yes to G&P and Usova and Platov

Also add Ilia Kulik to the list

Didn't she also coach B&B (can't spell their full names) in the 80s?

I like her and find her very colorful. she is everywhere and was so in Dortmund

I had inadvertetly left out Daisuke in my "special skaters in Dortmund". She's done a nice job with him but I think her 'baby' is Andre.

Joe

Kateri

On the Ice
Doesn't she have Chait & Sakhnovsky?

or was i hallucinating her in the k&c?

k

berthes ghost

Final Flight
Just before her break with Morosov, they seemed to have half the Ice Dancing elite. B&K, G&G, L&T...

Evdokia

On the Ice
Bestemianova/Bukin - Olympic gold in ice dancing in 1988
Klimova/Ponomarenko - Olympic gold in ice dancing in 1992
Rodnina/Saitzev - Olympic gold in pairs in 1976

It looks like TAT is only missing olympic gold in the ladies' event for her collection. :D

Last edited:

Evdokia

On the Ice
DivakawaFan said:
I'm sure there are many more so who else has she coached, how long has she been coaching, has she ever coached pairs, and was she ever a skater?? (That last question seems to make me laugh!!
Tarassova used to be a pair skater but had to stop due to injury (I think it was her partner who got injured, but not sure about that) when she was 18 and she immediately decided to become a coach. - BTW her father, Anatol Tarassov, was a quite famous hockey player.
Her first adult students were pair skaters Chernajewa/Blagow and they placed 6th at their first Olympics in 1972.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
DivakawaFan said:
and was she ever a skater?? (That last question seems to make me laugh!! hehe)Thanks! :)
DivakawaFan, why would that make you laugh? Just wondering.

Also, if I am not mistaken, hasn't she worked with Shen & Zhao?

Dee

DivakawaFan

Rinkside
Re: Re: Question about Tarasova

Dee4707 said:
DivakawaFan, why would that make you laugh? Just wondering.

Also, if I am not mistaken, hasn't she worked with Shen & Zhao?

Dee

Hehe I don't know, I just cannot imagine her out on the ice. of course she s much older now, so it sounds like she was a skater when she was young.

She worked with S/Z, WOW I never knew that. How could i forget Ilia Kulik, that was when I first noticed her. Am i right in saying that between say 1994 and 1998 she didn't have as many top-tier students as had/does now???

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Re: Re: Re: Question about Tarasova

DivakawaFan said:
Hehe I don't know, I just cannot imagine her out on the ice. of course she s much older now, so it sounds like she was a skater when she was young.
DivakawaFan, I have a small video clip of her on the ice working and skating. It was during Alexei's time. It is wonderful!! She takes off and goes around the rink; she looks so smooth and elegant. I think it was only in the last couple of years working with Alexei that she stopped working in ice skates.

She also worked with Fusi-Poli and Margalio, didn't she?

Dee

Evdokia

On the Ice
icenut84 said:
I thought she was an ice dancer, not a pairs skater.
I got this info, i.e. that TAT was pairs skater, from an article in the Russian journal "Itogi", which is not specialized in sports. ;) So there might be an error in that, but there was also a pic of TAT and her former partner (Georgij Proskurnij) and from the position it looked much more like pairs skating. :p

kemy

Rinkside
Yeap...she was a pairs skater.

Editted to take out info that I got mixed up with Moskvina's info :)

Last edited:

Ximena

Final Flight
Tarasova did not skated with Mishin. Mishin skated with Moskina (sp?) B&S coach.

kemy

Rinkside
Yeah...I caught that about a minute ago...I had been looking up Moskvina a minute ago and got it all mixed up in my head. :)

Goes to show that looking up info on two coaches at the same time is not the thing to do...

Last edited:

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Sasha has said that part of the reason behind her leaving TT was that she was having health problems. Does anyone know what she is reffering to? It does not appear that TT is ailing.