Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Question about Tarasova

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    skated pairs with her husband being a coach. She skated with Mishin.
    I thought that that was Tamara Moskvina.

Tripping on the Podium
    Yeah...I caught that about a minute ago...I had been looking up Moskvina a minute ago and got it all mixed up in my head.

Goes to show that looking up info on two coaches at the same time is not the thing to do...
    Last edited by kemy; 04-06-2004 at 09:49 AM.

It was TM.

[url]http://www.goldenskate.com/articles/2001/062202.shtml[/url]

TT

[url]http://www.europeonice.com/bioscoaches_contentTatjana.htm[/url]

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    Sasha has said that part of the reason behind her leaving TT was that she was having health problems. Does anyone know what she is reffering to? It does not appear that TT is ailing.

Go NJ Devils
    Tarasova also consulted with Johnny Weir over the past year.

Thanks for posting those pics, kemy - they are so sweet!

I think Tarasova is wonderful, the Great Mother of figure skating.

k.

Tripping on the Podium
    Aww thanks for the great pics!! hehe I would love to see Tatiana skate!!

About Shizuka, I just watched her LP from GPF (which was still a really good skate, got the bronze) and I literally cannot believe the differences between then and Dortmund!!
    In GPF she had 3lz-2t, 3f, 3s, 3lp, 3t, 2A. Only one combo and no 3-3s. Come the worlds she had the 3lz-3t-2l and the 3s-3t!! Also the quality of the jumps was not as good at GPF, esp. the last lutz and the toe-loop.

Changes were made to the circular step-sequence (much faster more difficult at Worlds) the Ina bauer at GPF was hardly held at all and was nowhere near as deep as at Dortmund. Also her finishing pose really finished off the program at worlds, like "take-that!!" kind of thing, left a really good impression on the whole program. Its similar to the finishes Yagudin used to have. IMO her spirals are much improved too, esp. the biellmann-type spiral. The program at worlds looked "polished" and clean, whereas before I have thought she's looked slightly rough around-the-edges.

The biggest difference though is her sheer confidence. At GPF she looked slightly nervous and tentative, come worlds she looked confident and assured, attacked the program, had so much speed and went for everything.

Obviously I think alot of this is down to TT (although praise should go to her other past coaches like Callaghan too). It's amazing how she can instill confidence in so many skaters and made such improvements to Shiz in such a short period of time!! :D

(sorry for going on!! )
    Last edited by DivakawaFan; 04-06-2004 at 10:55 AM.

Ice Angel
    T. Tarasova is a great coach. She knows how to bring out each skater's atistic pertiential. Too bad that Sasha and her can not work together for a long period of time even though they looked like a very good match. Tarasova has that motherlike power and charisma to motivate her students. Arakawa made a very smart move and what she needs is just what Tarasova has and can give.

TT has had minor but persistant health problems for years now. She was always talking about quitting when she was coaching Yagudin. I think that she overdoes it and then needs a rest. She's in her 60s I believe and obviously overweight.

In a recent interview, she said that her husband and Mother were ill around the time of US nats, which is why she went to Russia at that time.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Joesitz
    I like her and find her very colorful. she is everywhere and was so in Dortmund

Joe
    Dose she hold any official position or title with ISU? I heard that during competetion no one is allowed to talk to the judge panel except her.

She did worked with S&Z, she choreographed S&Z's last year's SP. I was very impressed by their SP costume design, I first saw at web, but kind of dissapointed when I saw the SP. It looks like a half minded job, but given how many programs team TT choreographed last season it was understandable. No wonder S&Z ditched that SP this season, going back to their old SP. And I like the old one.

Champion Skater (Vicariously)
    TT is a master when it comes to choreography, I wish that sasha had stayed with her. Perhaps she will have someone other than Wagner work with her to choreograph her routines for the next season.

Did anyone else see similarities between Arikawa's SP at worlds and Sasha's GP version of her LP? I think it's the footwork that reminded me of it most, because SP and LP are fundamentally different... but It definately felt borrowed from the mood that she helped Cohen create for her LP.

Could the similarities and the switch arikawa made to TT have factored into Sasha and Robin's decision to make changes so close to worlds?

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Originally posted by Longhornliz
    Could the similarities and the switch arikawa made to TT have factored into Sasha and Robin's decision to make changes so close to worlds?
    Longhornliz, I wondered the same thing. Also, I noticed that Shizuka SP is a more upbeat version of Swan Lake and what about the costumes. Black & White, coincidence???

Dee

Custom Title
    I think she is the best coach for developing artistry in skaters. She wins that hands down. However, give her a student with technical flaws and you will get a very artistic skater with technical flaws.

I am questioning the ethics of all of these last minute switches. It seems wrong to me that a coach could part with a student 2 weeks before nationals and go to her competitor a few weeks before worlds and get credited for the win. Are there any kind of standards for professional ethics among skating coaches? (Stop laughing! I know, skating and ethics in the same sentence????? ) It seems a horrible conflict of interests. Callahan, in particular, has every right to be really po'd. She could have waited till the season was over.

Custom Title
    You can't blame Tarasova. The Japanese Federation had a heavy hand in it, too.

Custom Title
    Agreed! But they weren't holding her mink at knifepoint.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast