Thread: What counts towards Worlds?

Rinkside

What counts towards Worlds?

I had thought that the different countries' national events determined who skated at Worlds, but when watching Europeans a commentator said that Europeans counts too. So then Four Continents would as well? Does the Grand Prix?

John R.

Josh got silver! Rejoice! satine94's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrethorst View Post
    I had thought that the different countries' national events determined who skated at Worlds, but when watching Europeans a commentator said that Europeans counts too. So then Four Continents would as well? Does the Grand Prix?

John R.
    I think the commentator meant that Euros counted in the sense that you can achieve the minimum TES needed to attend Worlds. 4CC & the GP circuit as well as any other ISU event would count as well. You need to get a qualifying score first at an international event, then do well enough at Nationals for your country to want to send you. A skater's figure skating association will make the final decision of who does/n't get to go

To expand on what satine94 said, some countries decide who to send to world in part based on how skaters do at Euros.

Also, the number of skaters who can go to world's from each country is decided based on placements the year before.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jrethorst View Post

John R.
    In Finland they usually send the one who has the best season's best score.