Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir end partnership

Custom Title

Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir end partnership

Per USFSA: http://usfigureskating.org/Story.asp...180&type=media

(5/7/14) - Two-time reigning U.S. pairs champions Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir announced they have ended their partnership. Both skaters have expressed interest in finding new partners.

Castelli and Shnapir, who trained in Boston under coaches Bobby Martin and Carrie Wall, began their partnership eight years ago. Castelli and Shnapir finished ninth at the 2014 Olympic Winter Games and were team event bronze medalists at the Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia. They are the 2013 Four Continents bronze medalists and 2009 World Junior bronze medalists.

"I am so honored and proud to have shared the ice with Simon for the last eight years. It has been an amazing journey and I wouldn't change it for the world," Castelli said. "We will always share our amazing accomplishments with each other. I appreciate everything Simon has done for me and wish him the best in his future endeavors. I will continue skating and hope to be back performing in front of a crowd soon. Thank you to everyone who has supported us through the years."

"I am very proud of the accomplishments Marissa and I have had over the past eight years," Shnapir said. "I wish Marissa the best of luck with her future as I look forward to starting a new chapter in my skating career. I want to thank all of my family, coaches, friends and fans as well as U.S. Figure Skating and The Skating Club of Boston for their incredible support."

Banned
    well that was a moot

Custom Title
    I can't say I'm entirely shocked. Saw them at SOI Chicago and they looked MISERABLE

Another one?! So, basically we'll have more new couples than old ones competing next season

Quote Originally Posted by UnsaneLily87 View Post
    I can't say I'm entirely shocked. Saw them at SOI Chicago and they looked MISERABLE
    Yeah, I have been told by people who would definitely be in a position to know that they truly dislike each other, but I am nonetheless slightly surprised. I expected they'd stick it out till Worlds in Boston.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Another one?! So, basically we'll have more new couples than old ones competing next season
    yep goo B/D and S/M

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yeah, I have been told by people who would definitely be in a position to know that they truly dislike each other, but I am nonetheless slightly surprised. I expected they'd stick it out till Worlds in Boston.
    Yeah. They must really hate each other. I wonder why...

Custom Title
    And... another one bites the dust. Expected these two to stick it out a bit longer, but 'tis the season for splitting.

Banned
    wonder if D/C will plan to stick around until 2016 Boston
    now that C/S are done, D/C though they have injuries on their side that will have to worry about

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I've given up with trying to keep track of pairs and dance. I have no idea who is with who!

Custom Title
    Just shoot me now. Pairs was starting to be one of my favorite disciplines. And now this!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    yep goo B/D and S/M
    who?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    who?
    Bazarova / Deputat , sorry Savchenko/Massot will sit out for a year I think

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Ugh. And right when I thought they were hitting their stride! And Worlds is in Boston - their hometown - in a couple of years. I thought they'd stick it out. I'm kind of depressed - but maybe it's Zhang and Bartholomay's time to shine! I always liked them better than Denney/Coughlin

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    I'm more interested to see if there will be more splits or what will happen now since they both want to continue skating.... Does anyone know if there is currently any good prospects for either of them that is also partnerless?

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast