Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir end partnership

Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    Its official. Castelli and Tran have paired up and will represent the US.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/06/10/79080006/

"Castelli said she never considered representing Canada, telling icenetwork, "I'm American all the way." Tran is awaiting word regarding his release from Skate Canada. Skate Canada's board of directors is expected to make a decision regarding Tran's future at their next meeting, which is scheduled for the end of June. At a minimum, he is not expected to be able to compete internationally for a year. Tran's last competition was at Four Continents when he and Purich finished fifth.

While Skate Canada officials sort out Tran's issues regarding what country he can represent on the ice, the couple has already started training together. They plan to train in both Boston, where Castelli has spent much of her career, and in Montreal. When the skaters are in Boston, they will work with coach Bobby Martin. They plan to train in Montreal the majority of the time, however, and will work with coach Bruno Marcotte."
    Their being in Montreal most of the time is a big problem if he is to have any hope of getting US citizenship.

Honestly, I do not see how they will be able to get to the Olys based on this very limited info, but if that is not a huge concern to them, more power to them.

It does sound like the tryouts went really well though.

"I didn't want to skate together at first," Castelli admitted. "Then we skated together and I said, 'OK, maybe we'll try that again.'"

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    Its official. Castelli and Tran have paired up and will represent the US.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2014/06/10/79080006/ ...
    Thx for breaking the official news, flutzy. I was going to suggest that you start a Castelli/Tran thread at this point, but I see that someone else did so within the last few minutes.

I hope things work out well in terms of their on-ice partnering. And in terms of Tran becoming an Olympian.

ETA:
    Forgot to say that I am relieved that the rumor that turned out be false was that the Castelli/Tran rumblings were planted as a diversionary tactic.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10