Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir end partnership | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir end partnership

centerpt1

On the Ice
How many years does it take to get a male skater up to speed on Sr Pairs? Maybe Ryan Bradley with Marissa? He has done lower level pairs. Any other top men's singles skaters that are tall enough, strong enough (and will never get a quad)?

This is so depressing.

desertskates

Medalist
If there is any truth to the rumor that Coughlin may be ready to throw in the towel with his injury bugging him, maybe a Denny/Schnapir partnership? But I can't come up with anything for Marissa. *Total* speculation, btw.

tulosai

Record Breaker
If Brubaker is not 100% committed to this whole retirement thing she MIGHT be tiny enough to go with him, and the timing would also work out as both probably only want to skate one more quad. But if he is for sure retired or if she ends up being too tall for him, I have no other ideas (and this one isn't even any good).

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
How many years does it take to get a male skater up to speed on Sr Pairs? Maybe Ryan Bradley with Marissa? He has done lower level pairs. Any other top men's singles skaters that are tall enough, strong enough (and will never get a quad)?

Ryan Bradley is retired from skating and is over 30 now.

There wouldn't be enough time for him to make the transition from singles to pairs.

lavender

Record Breaker
This is crazy. All these pairs/dance just don't seem to like each other. This can only explain breaking up with a partner that you are successful with to find someone that you probably won't reach those heights with. I hope that they are successful...but I doubt it.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Simon has Russian family, and I think Marissa has family in Italy? Perhaps alternate country claims will step in here.

desertskates

Medalist
If Brubaker is not 100% committed to this whole retirement thing she MIGHT be tiny enough to go with him, and the timing would also work out as both probably only want to skate one more quad. But if he is for sure retired or if she ends up being too tall for him, I have no other ideas (and this one isn't even any good).

I just read she's 5ft (152 cm), and it's a decent idea, but I think he's fairly committed to retirement :(
Love your avatar, btw. Elena's just so pretty :)

desertskates

Medalist
Heck, Aliona probably would have been better off with Schnapir that Massot. It's so hard to keep track :confused:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

This is so depressing.

Ryan Bradley would really have to improve his upper body strength and techique with pairs for lifts, throws and timing with spins at this stage - not easy. How tall is he as well is a key issue.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Ryan Bradley would really have to improve his upper body strength and techique with pairs for lifts, throws and timing with spins at this stage - not easy. How tall is he as well is a key issue.

I think the point is moot, anyway. Bradley has retired from skating and is already 30 - he will be 31 this Fall.

As for height, I think he's close to 6 feet.

caitie

Medalist
Wow, seriously? I thought if they split it would be because of Simon's knee injuries, which I believe Trankov talked about in a recent interview?

I do think they had probably topped out because their chemistry was nonexistent and their size difference was aesthetically displeasing, but still. It's discouraging to see after a successful season. Are Felicia and Nate still together, at least?

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
Wow, seriously? I thought if they split it would be because of Simon's knee injuries, which I believe Trankov talked about in a recent interview?

I do think they had probably topped out because their chemistry was nonexistent and their size difference was aesthetically displeasing, but still. It's discouraging to see after a successful season. Are Felicia and Nate still together, at least?

They're still together, as far as I know. They actually just did Skate For Hope with Amber Glenn, Rachael Flatt, Emily Samuelsson, etc.
And I don't think they've ever been rumored to argue as much as Marissa and Simon have.

I'll miss Marissa and Simon as a pair, but now's time for Felicia and Nate, I think!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if we saw no continuing major pairs or dance couples by the time the season starts

slider11

Medalist
I surely didn't see this split coming. Sure, they were not close friends but they seemed to have forged some relationship in the name of skating. It even appeared that their families palled around at the Olympics. I could see Denney with Schnapir. But I'm stymied with Marissa. I'm still sad that Emily Samuelson never found an ice dance partner. Now there was talent and because of the injury or whatever Bates and she split. They would have been spectacular. Marissa is so small and pretty well trained so maybe there's someone in the shadows waiting. I think she and Brubaker may have had a chance a year or so ago but I agree that he probably has had it. But I am really excited to see Felicia and Nate take the next step. Maybe too Scimeca and the guy... I love pairs , hope someone steps forward.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Is Caitlin Yankowskas available?

Mary Beth Marley and he would be even bigger of a height mismatch, but she is looking fro what I understand.

This is so distressing. The U.S. and Canada will have no international contenders in pairs in the near future.