Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Marissa Castelli and Simon Shnapir end partnership

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Whoa. I'm really surprised. I had heard they weren't exactly best pals. But, like others, I assumed they be around for Worlds in '16. I can't even begin to think who they could partner with.

Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    Whoa. I'm really surprised. I had heard they weren't exactly best pals. But, like others, I assumed they be around for Worlds in '16. I can't even begin to think who they could partner with.
    I mean not that they are over the hill but yeah, especially at their ages and experience levels in the USA it is hard to fathom.

Matt K
    Quote Originally Posted by UnsaneLily87 View Post
    I can't say I'm entirely shocked. Saw them at SOI Chicago and they looked MISERABLE
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Yeah, I have been told by people who would definitely be in a position to know that they truly dislike each other, but I am nonetheless slightly surprised. I expected they'd stick it out till Worlds in Boston.
    They don't look like they enjoy skating with each other at all.

Custom Title
    This was the only pair I actually liked!

Officially done with Pairs and Dance.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    I mean not that they are over the hill but yeah, especially at their ages and experience levels in the USA it is hard to fathom.
    I concur. I do think it's odd just considering how high they've climbed in the USA and internationally...Starting with a new partner will be a few steps back (at least temporarily).....that is if there's even a partner available....?

But tbh, I'm really not surprised. They never look like they enjoy themselves around one another to me - on or off ice. ...and two years can be a long time if thing are indeed not working.

With yet another split in pairs, it makes me think if all of these people have lost their marbles; and have the dream of pulling a V/T... (I'm joking sort of...)

Custom Title
    I am super curious about the details about them not getting along. Gossip! Gossip!

Custom Title
    How many years does it take to get a male skater up to speed on Sr Pairs? Maybe Ryan Bradley with Marissa? He has done lower level pairs. Any other top men's singles skaters that are tall enough, strong enough (and will never get a quad)?

This is so depressing.

If there is any truth to the rumor that Coughlin may be ready to throw in the towel with his injury bugging him, maybe a Denny/Schnapir partnership? But I can't come up with anything for Marissa. *Total* speculation, btw.

If Brubaker is not 100% committed to this whole retirement thing she MIGHT be tiny enough to go with him, and the timing would also work out as both probably only want to skate one more quad. But if he is for sure retired or if she ends up being too tall for him, I have no other ideas (and this one isn't even any good).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by centerpt1 View Post
    How many years does it take to get a male skater up to speed on Sr Pairs? Maybe Ryan Bradley with Marissa? He has done lower level pairs. Any other top men's singles skaters that are tall enough, strong enough (and will never get a quad)?
    Ryan Bradley is retired from skating and is over 30 now.

There wouldn't be enough time for him to make the transition from singles to pairs.

Custom Title
    This is crazy. All these pairs/dance just don't seem to like each other. This can only explain breaking up with a partner that you are successful with to find someone that you probably won't reach those heights with. I hope that they are successful...but I doubt it.

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Simon has Russian family, and I think Marissa has family in Italy? Perhaps alternate country claims will step in here.

If Brubaker is not 100% committed to this whole retirement thing she MIGHT be tiny enough to go with him, and the timing would also work out as both probably only want to skate one more quad. But if he is for sure retired or if she ends up being too tall for him, I have no other ideas (and this one isn't even any good).
    I just read she's 5ft (152 cm), and it's a decent idea, but I think he's fairly committed to retirement :(
    Love your avatar, btw. Elena's just so pretty

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    Simon has Russian family, and I think Marissa has family in Italy? Perhaps alternate country claims will step in here.
    Oh! Very true! Considering all of the variables, it sounds like Simon might have an easier time finding a new partner than Marissa....?

Heck, Aliona probably would have been better off with Schnapir that Massot. It's so hard to keep track

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast