If you could build a pair out of 2 single skaters who would they be? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

If you could build a pair out of 2 single skaters who would they be?

pairsfan

On the Ice
It's a bit late for them to take up pairs now but I think that Brian Boitano and Caryn Kadavy would look great together.

Koroleva

On the Ice
DORISPULASKI said:
Let's see, I would like to see Stephane Lambiel do pairs. Maybe pair him up with Maniachenko. Then a 2 triple performance would be great for her.

Galina was a pairs skater until she got in an accident where a skate hit her face. Sort of like Elena Berezhnaya's accident. I don't know if she would do pairs again.

Hermione_Granger

On the Ice
I would love to see Alexei and Michelle pair up. :)
I think they would be really good. His dramatic artistry
and her graceful artistry combined could make for some
really lovely programs.
You want to know something ? Last week during the
'04 Worlds Exhibitions (when Shen & Zhao skated),
whenever they would do a move, Xue Shen
would look exactly like Michelle.
Not only because they are of Chinese heritage, but the
way Xue Shen had done her hair, it had reminded me of a
hair-do Michelle had worn.
It was interesting to see that, as it makes one think of
what it would be like if Michelle did skate pairs.

Anyway, back to the original thread.
Other skaters I could see teaming up:
Angela N. and Peter T.
Sasha and Plushy (they could do side-by-side beilmanns !) :laugh:

--Hermione

heyang

Record Breaker
Yep - Shelby was singles and added pairs with Brian Wells. I know they stopped skating together years ago and he wasn't able to find another partner.

Denis Petrov really needs to find a new partner. I've seen him skate with ex-wife&partner Elena Bechke, Kristi and Katja and the skating was always wonderful to watch. I wonder if he & Lulu have tried skating pairs together since they are a couple. (last I heard).

Should Ilia and Katia really skate pairs together? There's definitely a comfort zone history considering the ghost of G&G for both of them and the audience. When they have skated together as pros, it has been beautiful to watch.

SkateCynic

Rinkside
Kind of a weird pairing, but I would put Jenny Kirk with Ryan Bradley. Both of these skaters have a lot of personality and a flair for performing, they seem fairly well-matched as far as pairs teams go, plus I think he'd have the upper body strength to handle lifts and throws.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hermione_Granger said:
I would love to see Alexei and Michelle pair up. :)
I think they would be really good. His dramatic artistry
and her graceful artistry combined could make for some
really lovely programs. --Hermione
Hermione, I had said something to this effect preveiously and just think how beautiful that would be. Just a dream, I know.:love: :love:

Dee

sarahmistral

On the Ice
unlikely...

I know this is a hypothetical scenario we're all fantasizing about on this thread, and by all means continue, as it is great fun, but I just thought you'd all be amused by a quote of Michelle commenting on depending on others in a competitive situation:

"I never liked counting on anybody," Kwan said. "I think I'd kill my pairs partner if he made a mistake. I think it's really difficult by yourself."

Kinda scary, huh, having a bobble on a triple ANYTHING and having to face up to the wrath of Kwan:laugh:

Sarah