IOC awarded to NBC the broadcast rights for the Olympic through to 2032 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

IOC awarded to NBC the broadcast rights for the Olympic through to 2032

I'd be fine if they had no commentary as I'd prefer to see more of the sports. That being said, I couldn't wait for Costas' pink eye to heal with the replacements they had this year...they were horrible. I can ignore Costas' preferences political and otherwise, but I couldn't stand the insipid questions and blatant lack of knowledge of the athletes and sports displayed by almost all of the individuals they called in to replace him.

I agree. Matt Lauer seemed especially ill-prepared. It must be hard to be thrown into the job at the last moment. At least Bob Costas has months to prepare for the gig.

I agree. Matt Lauer seemed especially ill-prepared. It must be hard to be thrown into the job at the last moment. At least Bob Costas has months to prepare for the gig.

Yes! And they all talked about how Bob Costas lives for an Olympic cycle to roll around because he loves them, which with all of the knowledge he has stored up from way back I'm inclined to believe... If I have to listen to commentary and/or a night show, then I definitely prefer him over those that are ill-equipped and don't care/know enough to ask more interesting/deeper questions than the ones that are always asked on every morning show.