Crazy future predictions | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Crazy future predictions

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
This may be more of wish thinking than a crazy prediction but anyway I'll predict that Liza Kulik will be on the 2018 US Olympic team (I think she'd be age eligible - if not then this is an even crazier prediction).
Further crazy prediction: if she's not of age by then, the ISU will change the age restrictions just to allow her to compete.

trouble77

Rinkside
This may be more of wish thinking than a crazy prediction but anyway I'll predict that Liza Kulik will be on the 2018 US Olympic team (I think she'd be age eligible - if not then this is an even crazier prediction).

me too

Isabel_O'Reilly

Final Flight
If we're talking crazy predictions, then I say Yulia will win Europeans and Worlds for the next four years and win at least two GPF as well as the 2018 Olympics. :cool:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I could say something completely over the top like "a Dutch figure skater is going to win the Olympics within the next twenty years", but even saying a Dutch figure skater will qualify for the European championship (never mind the Worlds or Olys) seems way out there nowadays. ;-)

FTnoona

Final Flight
Hanyu will never get on the podium of a major international competition again and all his new tumblr ubers will go crazy, but still love him because he is so cute.
Asada and Buttle form a pairs team and wins gold in Korea for Japan - I actually want to see this happen :p
Nagasu wins another national title and makes the world podium.
Marin Honda will be the best Japanese lady by 2015-16.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
S/M and B/D will have a good debut in pairs

I love how you of all people think that Bazarova/Deputat will have a good debut, considering that Bazarova is taller than Davankova, and we all know your feelings towards Davankova/Deputat

Panpie

On the Ice
Morozov decides to start dating women closer to his age; figure skating moms who had decided to sacrifice their child for glory go berserk!

I guess the moms could sacrifice themselves for their daughters' glory—perish the thought!

CarneAsada

Medalist
The Japanese ladies will not fall to pieces this quad even once Mao has left.
So-youn Park will not be the only Korean lady to place in the top 14 at Worlds in the next 4 years.
Zijun Li will magically regain her form and she will triumph in her rivalry with Kaetlyn Osmond, winning all of their future head-to-heads.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
A NA dance sweep at the next Olympics, even without V&M and D&W. Does that qualify.

Nagasu comes 3rd at the 2018 U.S Nationals and is bumped off the 3 women team again. Either that or she comes 2nd and is bumped off the 3 women team, or 2nd and bumped off the 2 women team.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
At the urging of ~Pamina~, I'm bringing the following out of the Yuzuru Hanyu Fan Fest into the wider world to traumatize everyone (excuse me for reviving an old thread, but it seems like a good light-hearted counterpart to the "Medal contenders in next Olympics" discussion):

In late 2014, young Plushenko suddenly shows up, having been sucked through a time machine. He teams up with Yuzuru Hanyu as a pairs team, after seeing seeing his older self land side-by-side triples with Yuzuru in perfect synch (go to 0:52). They become known as Plushy (self-explanatory) & Mushy (after Yuzu's mushroom haircut, which he quickly re-adopted). Meanwhile, old Plushenko blackmails Speedy into allowing same-sex pairs couples, using a combination of the Sex Bomb muscle suit, a painted apple, and a DSLR camera. How exactly the blackmail took place, I'll leave up to everyone's imagination.

Plushy & Mushy earn outrageous TES with their side-by-side 4Ts and 3As, and get insta-Level 4 spins by doing side-by-side Biellmanns. Yuzu decides the best way to get all the quads (and stop falling on the dratted salchow) is to have Plushy throw him into them. He gets all the quads sans the axel. They even work on a unique pair move by combining Plushy's Biellmann spiral with Mushy's Ina Bauer. It's not as pretty as Berehznaya/Sikharulidze's spread eagle + spiral combo, but it wows the judges through its sheer weirdness.

Everything seems to be going well for the pair, heading into the 2018 Olympics as the favourites. However, before the Pyeongchang opening ceremonies, the universe collapses; Plushenko's time-travelling created too many contradictions: in one universe he is a four-time Olympian, while in another he disappeared before Salt Lake and returned as a pairs competitor 12 years later. Sadly, because the world ended, we'll never find out if Koreavengeance would've robbed the pair. :biggrin:

(I still don't think I managed to top the "combining figure skating with curling" prediction, but I gave it my best shot).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At the urging of ~Pamina~, I'm bringing the following out of the Yuzuru Hanyu Fan Fest into the wider world to traumatize everyone (excuse me for reviving an old thread, but it seems like a good light-hearted counterpart to the "Medal contenders in next Olympics" discussion):

In late 2014, young Plushenko suddenly shows up, having been sucked through a time machine. He teams up with Yuzuru Hanyu as a pairs team, after seeing seeing his older self land side-by-side triples with Yuzuru in perfect synch (go to 0:52). They become known as Plushy (self-explanatory) & Mushy (after Yuzu's mushroom haircut, which he quickly re-adopted). Meanwhile, old Plushenko blackmails Speedy into allowing same-sex pairs couples, using a combination of the Sex Bomb muscle suit, a painted apple, and a DSLR camera. How exactly the blackmail took place, I'll leave up to everyone's imagination.

Plushy & Mushy earn outrageous TES with their side-by-side 4Ts and 3As, and get insta-Level 4 spins by doing side-by-side Biellmanns. Yuzu decides the best way to get all the quads (and stop falling on the dratted salchow) is to have Plushy throw him into them. He gets all the quads sans the axel. They even work on a unique pair move by combining Plushy's Biellmann spiral with Mushy's Ina Bauer. It's not as pretty as Berehznaya/Sikharulidze's spread eagle + spiral combo, but it wows the judges through its sheer weirdness.

Everything seems to be going well for the pair, heading into the 2018 Olympics as the favourites. However, before the Pyeongchang opening ceremonies, the universe collapses; Plushenko's time-travelling created too many contradictions: in one universe he is a four-time Olympian, while in another he disappeared before Salt Lake and returned as a pairs competitor 12 years later. Sadly, because the world ended, we'll never find out if Koreavengeance would've robbed the pair. :biggrin:

(I still don't think I managed to top the "combining figure skating with curling" prediction, but I gave it my best shot).

:yay: :yay: :laugh: :yay:

Pamigena

Record Breaker
Meanwhile, old Plushenko blackmails Speedy into allowing same-sex pairs couples, using a combination of the Sex Bomb muscle suit, a painted apple, and a DSLR camera. How exactly the blackmail took place, I'll leave up to everyone's imagination.
.....damn my imagination :eek::popcorn:

I've never cared less if the world thinks we're crazy :laugh: well, doesn't really matter anyway since it's about to end due to the universe collapsing :laugh: Love it! Now I'm even more looking forward to that limbo-style hydroblading in the Plushy-Mushy synch variation.

(I'm gonna go now, tell my therapist that the Plushy & Mushy idea was not the 7th sign and that my sanity is very much intact, thank you very much)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
^This should be some kind of internet rule: As a predictions thread runs longer, the chance someone says "universe collapses/world ends" approaches infinity. (Did someone beat me to the bunch this time? Maybe someone already said "world ends" earlier in the thread).

Pamigena

Record Breaker
^ oh, but see, that evens it out again :biggrin: if x approaches 0 regarding the people who think we're not completely nuts, and the chances of us predicting the collapse of the universe approaches infinity, then those two things totally balance each other out. (I guess... I almost flunked my final exam in math)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
x --> 0
x = people who think Pamina and Sandpiper are not crazy

y --> infinity (can't find the infinity symbol on my keyboard, if it was ever there in the first place)
y = chances someone predicts the end of the world

The next step is to plot this on a graph or something, and to figure out if these two variables are related (...they're obviously not...) but my subconsciousness tells me I've already messed up the math and therefore the plot won't work.

(Crazy prediction: I wake up tomorrow and find a million graphs on this thread).

EDIT: Top 1/8th of this graph: http://www.themathpage.com/acalc/calc_IMG/003c.png As y approaches infinity, x approaches 0. The fewer people remaining who think I'm sane, the more likely someone predicts the end of the world. (I've officially lost it).