Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Crazy future predictions

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Michelle Kwan becomes a mother.
    That's the least crazy thing here! I also predict this

Along the same lines, it's been reported that Yuna has been in a relationship for a couple of years. Perhaps he'll be smart and put a ring on finger?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    When did Javier win his first WC?
    Sorry, it's suppose to be read in sequence. So Denis Ten will win one of the 4 WC in the next quad (2015-2018), while Javier will win one too. Yuzu will win 2.

Rinkside
    I like Russian girls, but I wish Mao to be the next Olympic champion. She deserves it.

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elen2702 View Post
    I like Russian girls, but I wish Mao to be the next Olympic champion. She deserves it.
    A fun fact I calculated because I was bored:
    Should Mao win gold in 2018, she would be 27 years and about 170 days old, therefore passing the oldest and first gold ladies singles medalist Madge Syers (1908), who won at the age of 27 years and 43 days

Custom Title
    So... "Mao Asada wins Olympic gold in 2018" does indeed belong in Crazy Predictions, if history holds true? I'm with Elen. I like the Russian girls but I'll be even happier if Mao gets it (Yulia must medal though. ).

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    I'd be thrilled if Mao continued competing and won the OGM!

Banned
    If Asada join Olympic, she will never get on the podium regardress of her performance. But she really just cannot join due to the venue. Read Korean major newpapers and TV broadcast to understand.

Custom Title
    Deserving it is in the eye of the beholder - probably Chan deserved an OGM over Hanyu right now or at least Canada deserved a men's gold after so many Susan Lucci losses (silvers)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatedreamer View Post
    I'd be thrilled if Mao continued competing and won the OGM!
    I wince for her body if she continues.

Quote Originally Posted by pec0 View Post
    If Asada join Olympic, she will never get on the podium regardress of her performance. But she really just cannot join due to the venue. Read Korean major newpapers and TV broadcast to understand.
    i think you're trying to over generalize korea.. the media/ubers are all in minority.. they're not good representatives of the entire korean public.. i bet the korean public would rather watch mao winning an ogm than a russian skater..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    i think you're trying to over generalize korea.. the media/ubers are all in minority.. they're not good representatives of the entire korean public.. i bet the korean public would rather watch mao winning an ogm than a russian skater..
    No. Not at all.
    But JFS is likely to force Asada participate for next Olympic season if audience at competition site drop too sharply after her retirement. I hope Queen Galaxy I (KIM) will come back for the Olympic in her mother country to occupy podium together with Queen Galaxy II(Park) to produce great show. Then there will be no necessity to take poor old horse to water and force her to drink to death.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Deserving it is in the eye of the beholder - probably Chan deserved an OGM over Hanyu right now or at least Canada deserved a men's gold after so many Susan Lucci losses (silvers)
    Or, conversely, you can argue Canada (and Patrick) don't deserve OGM because they let so many opportunities go.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by pec0 View Post
    No. Not at all.
    But JFS is likely to force Asada participate for next Olympic season if audience at competition site drop too sharply after her retirement. I hope Queen Galaxy I (KIM) will come back for the Olympic in her mother country to occupy podium together with Queen Galaxy II(Park) to produce great show. Then there will be no necessity to take poor old horse to water and force her to drink to death.
    Lol. Pissed. it've been a so so long time to access here and I forgot my ID at all so registered new ID to comment. Galaxy? Are Yuna and Soyun objects or goods? I am a Korean and can speak and read Japanese easily(I have been 5 years in Tokyo due to University) and have 4 Japanese best friends. First, Japanese netizen is far more harsher to Yuna than Korean netizen to Mao(Maybe because Mao's name in Korea is not that famous compared to Yuna in Japan). And why when I typed Yuna's Japanese name in Japanese forum, Related search was unreally harsh(Bribe, Witch)? My friends are not like you though.

Landing 3As in my dreams! skatedreamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lilahozi View Post
    I wince for her body if she continues.
    Indeed. She should only continue if she feels she's mentally and physically up to it. I didn't mean to suggest otherwise.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I dislike the word 'deserves' in sports, I disagree that someone deserves to win a competition... I'll say it's unfortunate such a great skater did not win OG, but she has had 2 opportunities but failed to perform when it counted for an OGM, so she doesn't deserve it (IMO).

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast