Crazy future predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Crazy future predictions

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Ice Dance - Team Elena for Gold and they will blow away the other skaters in each competition! Or Japan will win an Olympic medal but not with the Reeds.

Pairs - hmm...I actually don't follow this discipline but I say a controversy will happen because why not! you said you want a crazy prediction! Or Mervin Tran will win some gold medals in Worlds and an Olympic medal but he's gonna represent S. Korea or Kazakhstan.

Men's - bwahahahahha This kid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gnoHUMeo8I - his name is Cha Joon-Hwan) will get an Olympic medal. He has good technique, a developing artistry, and good costumes. All he needs to do is continue growing strong and healthy with skating skills to beat. Of course, I'm gonna say a controversy is gonna happen since he will win the medal with 2 quads and the 3X. People will go nuts because they expect that all of the men's Olympic medalists should have 4 quads with the 3X instead. Shoma Uno will beat Hanyu in one Japanese Nationals.

Hanyu will headcase in his artistic LP choreographed by Takahashi. We will hear news that Julia and Hanyu have broken up and they're angry at each other. Oh yeah, Takahashi will become a world-renowned choreographer for musicals and skaters. PChiddy will retire with two Olympic-worthy programs in whichever last Worlds he participates in. He's going to be a successful business man and he's going to run against Kim Yuna for the ISU presidency.

Ladies' - My craziest prediction is that Kim Yuna will run for ISU president against Patrick. She will help bring fs to developing countries and support them. More countries will be exposed to fs because of her works. Caro. K. will be heralded as the Italian Queen of skating. She's going to build a school with impressive skaters. Mao will go to PyeongChang with a more damaged set of triples and wow the whole crowd again. Julia will have a rough quad but will win a gold in the team's event in the Olympics but not the individuals. Julia will also win two World titles with a quad toe and a quad salchow.

Other note: I might add more "predictions" but here are what I thought on the spot. Although some of my predictions are less far-fetched than other, I just want to include them :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Would it be crazy for Lipnitskaya to choose Skate America for her first assignment?

Mafke

Medalist
Mishin and Moskvina decide to give the whole pairs thing another shot and return to competition together.

I have a feeling JuLip is going to grow up and out and become a STRONGER threat. You can usually tell which girls are going to have troubles with the puberty monster and I'm not getting that vibe from her. It was hard to say three years ago, but she's only gotten stronger with her growth. The only trouble I see in her jump arsenal with more growth is that scary 2axel. She's only getting that done because of her small frame. The rest I only see getting better.

I hope you're the one who's right about Iulia. On general principle, I hate the idea of such a talented skater losing it just because she grows bigger. I prefer to think that this will make her stronger and smarter. Especially with this girl, I'd love to have the chance to witness a complete career arc, with increasing artistic maturity.

Crazy prediction: Mao stays in, and she wins in 2018! (Actually, I hope this isn't crazy.)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope you're the one who's right about Iulia. On general principle, I hate the idea of such a talented skater losing it just because she grows bigger. I prefer to think that this will make her stronger and smarter. Especially with this girl, I'd love to have the chance to witness a complete career arc, with increasing artistic maturity.

Crazy prediction: Mao stays in, and she wins in 2018! (Actually, I hope this isn't crazy.)

:agree: I hope everything you say comes true. With both girls!!

RABID

Final Flight

That isn't crazy, that's bold; well maybe a little crazy as well. :)

andyjo24

Medalist
Julia will grow taller than Polina and lose all of her jumps and spins. Seriously she'll be lucky to do a 2t and her spins will begin to travel 10 to 15 ft at a time.

Polina will skip the next two years of GP series to train with Tarasova in Italy with Kostner choosing all of her music. She will likely attempt two backflips in Italian nationals as a special guest.

Michelle Kwan returns and completely revolutionizes all spirals.

Russian nationals will be canceled due to foggy conditions outside of the rink.

Skaters are required to travel overseas by boats due to TSA reading our stupid questions and banning figure skaters and their fans as potential security threats.

Yuna Kim and Adelina shake hands and trade their medals in return for a large donation to UNICEF :)

I will not stop watching figure skating even though there will never again be a judging scandal.

Crazy???? You talking to me?

WOW. That is crazy! :slink: :clap:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Wow, Sam and Sunny really got into the spirit of "crazy predictions." Now I feel bad for my lame and tame predictions. Well, in the spirit of this non-retirement/comeback season, I'll give it another go too:

- Dick Button announces his return to eligible competition.
- Aliona's partnership with Massot does not work out. Instead, she ditches him for Brian Joubert and they sail off with the 2018 OGM.
- Russian ladies become so fierce and competitive, that by the next Olympics the women are doing more quads than the men. (Hanyu retires midway through the quad and the men flounder in quadless limbo again.)
- Johnny Weir decides to give it another go; in absence of stiff national competition, he makes the US team.
- The format of the team competition is changed: instead of everyone doing their own thing, each country's top athletes instead have to skate synchro together. Japan wins the gold because all the other countries are too busy squabbling with their teammates to train this properly.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Mishin and Moskvina decide to give the whole pairs thing another shot and return to competition together.

And win Russian Nationals. ;)

Skaters are required to travel overseas by boats due to TSA reading our stupid questions and banning figure skaters and their fans as potential security threats.

Ow! I was eating my breakfast! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
-I/Z and S/K will both flame out
-After Yanovskaya and Mozgov compete at Jr. Worlds next year, the ISU institutes a rule where a team must turn senior if the female half is taller than the other two men on the podium.
-Sotnikova has uneven results for the whole quad but wins in 2018 due to her desire to piss people off.
-Mozer does not have a pair that makes the 2018 team

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
-Sotnikova has uneven results for the whole quad but wins in 2018 due to her desire to piss people off.

Oh god, I now want to see this happen just for the EPIC meltdown and temper tantrums we would see afterwards. Go Adelina!

Pamigena

Record Breaker
PChiddy will retire with two Olympic-worthy programs in whichever last Worlds he participates in. He's going to be a successful business man and he's going to run against Kim Yuna for the ISU presidency.
... and come in second. :slink:
mean! :rofl:

- The format of the team competition is changed: instead of everyone doing their own thing, each country's top athletes instead have to skate synchro together. Japan wins the gold because all the other countries are too busy squabbling with their teammates to train this properly.
Agree about the change in the team competition, but I see less synchro skating and more of a Kill Bill meets Fight Club format. Japan still wins because who would be crazy enough to go up against ninja skating? :unsure:

giulia95

Medalist
Thanks for the replay!:)

He's very talented for his young age , I like his Moonlight sonata SP a lot!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Thanks for the replay!:)

He's very talented for his young age , I like his Moonlight sonata SP a lot!

No probs... my only concern for him and other korean skaters is the lack of proper training environment. KSU is just....:disapp:

lbc2138

On the Ice
No probs... my only concern for him and other korean skaters is the lack of proper training environment. KSU is just....:disapp:

Don't be too concerned. The KSU is taking steps to nurse So Youn's abilities for the upcoming years and I'm sure they'll do the same when Joon-hwa enters the Senior Circuit. He's just a baby right now haha.