Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Crazy future predictions

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Projecting D&W to continue at all would fall under the "crazy thought" category at this point. Hubbel & Donohue overtaking C&B and the Shibutanis as U.S #1 is actually far more likely than D&W ever coming back as amateur competitors. I fully expect H&D to very soon overtake the Shibs as U.S #2 barring a coaching change for the Shibs.
    Not really... D/W have never stated that they're going to retire at this point in time. Heck, V/M who said that they were are now saying they're going to take a year off... So, both couples have sort of left the door open to come back at this point in time.

Crazy Predictions:

Hawayek/Baker become the U.S. senior #1 ice dance couple upon entrance to senior competitions
    Weaver/Poje win all but 1 world competition leading up to the next Olympics - EDIT: By win, I mean take first

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakebeautiful View Post
    Not really... D/W have never stated that they're going to retire at this point in time. Heck, V/M who said that they were are now saying they're going to take a year off... So, both couples have sort of left the door open to come back at this point in time.

Crazy Predictions:

Hawayek/Baker become the U.S. senior #1 ice dance couple upon entrance to senior competitions
    Weaver/Poje win all but 1 world competition leading up to the next Olympics
    I think it's completely legit to expect the rise of Hawayek and Baker. I think they'll overtake H/D and A/E immediately, the Shibs by Nationals and then challenge chock and Bates the following year. I'm glad A/E got to do Worlds this year as I predict it will be their only opportunity.

Banned
    Not too crazy but I think Proklova will win the gold medal in 2018.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YLFan View Post
    Not too crazy but I think Proklova will win the gold medal in 2018.
    Not gonna lie, I hope that happens. She's my favorite Russian girl.

Custom Title
    Procrastinating by Watching my Fav. Skaters
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    I think it's completely legit to expect the rise of Hawayek and Baker. I think they'll overtake H/D and A/E immediately, the Shibs by Nationals and then challenge chock and Bates the following year. I'm glad A/E got to do Worlds this year as I predict it will be their only opportunity.
    Oh, I expect them to overtake the current U.S. competition in the senior division rather rapidly too (so long as D/W are out of the picture). That being said, I don't expect them to take first place in all of the national competitions right out of the gate (which was my prediction).

I guess I should've said something crazier....Like in 2015, castelli and shnapir will realize their unrequited love for one another and reunite as an ice dancing duo. That is crazy, haha

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Re: Proklova

How on earth can someone be so tiny? She's only a year and two months younger than Julia yet she is like 4 or 5 inches shorter than her. I'm gonna make another crazy prediction. Alexandra is going to grow

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fleeting View Post
    Ha! And her husband will be the boy who asked her to prom on that one morning show.
    Ew, I hope not. Gracie can do so much better than that douchebag.

P/B Appreciation Squad fleeting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Ew, I hope not. Gracie can do so much better than that douchebag.
    That's how unrealistic it is
    She can do much better.

Custom Title
    Oh, I expect them to overtake the current U.S. competition in the senior division rather rapidly too (so long as D/W are out of the picture). That being said, I don't expect them to take first place in all of the national competitions right out of the gate (which was my prediction).

I guess I should've said something crazier....Like in 2015, castelli and shnapir will realize their unrequited love for one another and reunite as an ice dancing duo. That is crazy, haha
    Ha I didn't understand either whether we were doing slightly out there predictions or totally insane. I hope we're right about a bright future for H/B in any event.

While I don't see marissa & simon ice dancing in this lifetime (so good crazy prediction ), as I said earlier will be surprised but not totally stunned if neither new pairing works out and at the end of next season, they decide they can tolerate each other enough to try for Boston 2016.

Banned
    Lets be real. Neither team will be back. Michelle Kwan also "left the door open" after 2006 but only a dope (or a delusional Kwan fanatic/diehard) thought she might ever come back. If one wants to be cute and predict either team continuing, that is cool, but that falls under this crazy predictions thread perfectly, as it is even more unlikely than 80% of the stuff posted here.

Custom Title
    skyfly decides height differentials aren't the most critical factor in a pair/dance team's success and that "looks aren't everything."

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    skyfly decides height differentials aren't the most critical factor in a pair/dance team's success and that "looks aren't everything."

Custom Title
    Gold's 3/3 will become unreliable. Her in the air position after the first triple has always seemed "off" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    Not gonna lie, I hope that happens. She's my favorite Russian girl.
    Me too. And it's amazing how much more elegant she's becoming since debuting at a senior level last October. I definitely see her dominating a season or 2 within the next 2 years.

On the Ice
    Michael Martinez acquires a generous sponsor and becomes the next Yuzuru Hanyu.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast